• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brian's Surplus

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Jul 18, 2016
    Howard County
    Due to recent events, we have seen a surge in sales of ammunition, reloading supplies, magazines and body armor. While we are currently mostly sold out of bulk ammunition in several calibers due to this surge, rest assured we have more coming in. Shipments are scheduled to arrive almost every day over the next couple weeks, and we will have a very large shipment in 3 weeks. Prices have not started to rise yet, but as supply dwindles, I expect costs to increase soon.
    If you plan to make a long trip to purchase ammunition, reloading supplies, magazines or body armor, it would be a good idea to call in advance to check availability and price. We can hold in-stock items for up to 2 days until you can get to the store to pick them up.
    Obviously we will not be able to get new ammunition from IMI (Israel Military Industries) for some time. Also compounding supply issues will be possible future shortages of Winchester ammunition as they concentrate on production at Lake City to produce the ammunition that the US government has recently committed to send to Israel.
    In addition to these issues, I would guess that most or all of the solid rocket fuel used by the "Iron Dome" rockets is manufactured in the General Dynamics Valley Field plant in Canada. This is the same plant that manufactures many popular types of gunpowder that we sell, meaning that production of these powders may be slowed or temporarily halted.
    In short, it's possible that we may see a repeat of the shortages and price increases of the last few years. This will obviously depend on events in the near future. As always, we will do our best to keep the best selection possible for our customers. We may also need to place limits on high-demand items in the near future.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Thank you Brian for the heads up! Please continue to keep us informed.

I'm still pretty stocked up from the Obama days. :)

That said, never know when the stars will align and I'll start playing the gun games again for practice and training.

Always good to have a solid idea when to restock, top off, etc. You are certainly on my list of INGO business to support with my $.

:ingo:

Jan 18, 2009
    SE Indy
    Just a little bit more.

I want to be at my own auction...
    And my kids laugh.
    Yea.....Probably a little more. Just to be safe. Nice thing about Brian's is you never know what you will find. Last time there i found 3 boxes of Winchester Silver Tip projectiles for reloading. I have never seen them anywhere before outside of a gunshow

Basher

Expert
    May 3, 2022
    Lafayette
    Demand has been pretty high for years now. Maybe they’ll finally break down and build more plants, but I’m not going to hold my breath.

I see a helluva lot more dryfire in my future… :(

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Demand has been pretty high for years now. Maybe they’ll finally break down and build more plants, but I’m not going to hold my breath.

I see a helluva lot more dryfire in my future… :(
    They would only build more plants, if they think future sales will remain high.
    It's a big gamble, to build the building, figure out where you're going to get the ingredients from, then insert yourself into the supply system so people will buy your stuff, hire and train a workforce, take care of that workforce, follow all ALL of the laws (federal, state, local)...

Since sales general surge and wane, no I don't think anyone wants to take the commitment.
    Especially lining up the supplies.

NyleRN

Master
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    It's a big gamble, to build the building, figure out where you're going to get the ingredients from, then insert yourself into the supply system so people will buy your stuff, hire and train a workforce, take care of that workforce, follow all ALL of the laws (federal, state, local)...

Since sales general surge and wane, no I don't think anyone wants to take the commitment.
    This is why you have an ammo factory at home ;)

NyleRN

Master
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    I haven't bought 1 single piece of reloading components for 4 years. This recent supply chain issue hasn't affected me at all but I understand what you're saying

Basher

Expert
    May 3, 2022
    Lafayette

Yeah, I’m aware of the investment. But I haven’t seen sales wane all that much over the past few years. Certainly not enough to kill sales overall, if prices are reasonable. But I understand how it works and how it’s a gamble, as is anything.

Sure would be nice to see more components rather than a continual rise in prices every time something like that happens (along with the choked supply chain)…

Top Bottom