• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Armed Citizen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Just an update, I had my surgery on 8/4/2011. According to the surgeon all went well. I have been confined to a bed 24 hours a day. I have been instructed to restrict all weight on my right leg. I have 32 staples and a 17" incision that runs just below my knee to just above my ankle. Leg is very swollen and bruised. Ankle and toes are black and blue. At this point pain is very low. I am very "doped" up. I take about 14 pain pills a day.

My wife has been an absolute angel through all of this, now going into week three, she has taken on so much. Not only taking care of me, the kids, the house, and working fulltime, she has been my rock. I could not have done this without her. She is amazing, and I have gained a whole new repect and love for her. She is such a strong woman.

I thank all of you for your thought's and prayers. I will be confined to the bed another 4 weeks and then I may start therapy. Believe me, this is no picnic or vacation. I watch TV all the time, now that is so boring.

Thank you all so much,

Take the time today to thank and love your husband, wife, boyfriend, girlfiend, or family. One day, you may need to lean on them more than you ever thought you would. I am not leaning on my wife, she is carrying me.

.452browning

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    I feel for you brother. I have had 4 surgerys that kept me down for quite some time since 2005. The latest I was bed-ridden for 9 weeks last Nov.-Feb. I like you had to rely on everyone else to get me food, drink, etc. My family, girlfriend, and my best friend were there at the drop of a hat if I needed them. It really does make you appreciate them SO much more. Now that I'm mobile, agile, and hostile again I'm sure to do anything for them at anytime.

Hope you recover soon! I lost interest in TV quite soon and went to books. I probably read close to 50 books while bed-ridden. Keep us updated with your progress!

trailrider

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    GREENSBURG
    Best wishes with recovery/therapy. I had shoulder surgery a couple of years ago and my wife, like yours, was angel for me. Couldn't have gotten through without her!

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Best wishes for a good and speedy recovery. Got three souvineers on my Left leg from 2009, one is on my Achilles, know what you're going through. Take it easy and listen to the Doc!

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    If you like to read, I can suggest several authors.

Capstick, Peter Hathaway - Big game hunting, distinctive style and quite entertaining.

Dekker, Ted - Fiction with a Christian bent, a bit of fantasy, adventure, and mystery.

Peretti, Frank - a lot like Dekker, not quite as dark.

All are available in the Marion County Public library system. You can also get movies on DVD and VHS tape. If you haven't seen them, I recommend "The Ghost and the Darkness" with Val Kilmer, "The Wind and the Lion," with Sean Connery, and "Sahara," with Humphrey Bogart.

Hope all goes well.

Doug

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Kathy Riechs isn't to bad, she the one that "Bones" is based on. Did not realize how much of a hottie she is. Nothing better than an amazing brain and a body to go with it! I read "CrossBones" and trying to read onother one. Just can't seem to find the time. And the book Temperance Brennen is 180 degrees from the TV character. Still just as smart but quite a bit more uh ..uh..social lets say.

DaveL

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 5, 2011
    Lafayette
    Not sure what types of books everyone enjoys, but if you like Koontz without the paranormal - so, suspense with a bit of "normal" terror ... then I recommend Lisa Unger and Greg Iles. I find them both good/enjoyable writers.

Top Bottom