Survival Books & Documents, Digital or Hard Copy?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Icarry2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Franklin County, VA
    I was curious, how do you store your reference materials, books, documents, how to's, instruction manuals, personal documents, birth certificate, medical records, etc etc etc?

Do you have digital back ups?
    Do you have hard copy back ups?
    Do you have digital copies of your hard copies?

I have been compiling all of my important materials which are mostly digital copies except for personal paper documents and was looking at putting a paper copy in an old but good Sentry Fire Safe and put a thumb drive copy in there as well.

Any thoughts? Opinions?

HighStrung

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Pendleton
    I go with both, digital and hardcopy. Have a dedicated laptop to nothing but records and information relative to shtf, and have the most important stuff on paper as well. Heck, I've got a majority of my shtf research on my work laptop as well (though no personal info on this one). I think my wife has a great deal of this same info on our external hard drive. Everything is protected pretty well (my wife was a Network Engineer) so she's set everything up for us, except the actual preps (which she leaves totally to me). Once we had a master list of our desired info, it only made sense to keep it in more than one place.

Top Bottom