• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • clayshooter99

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Dec 3, 2008
    I too would like to know, also would be helpful to have a web-site with great pics and descriptions to help identify what one might have.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    If you think they might be worth something, have them looked at BEFORE you restore them. Often, when people "restore" antique guns, knives, swords or what have you ... they destroy the value.

Endofdays

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 17, 2010
    If you think they might be worth something, have them looked at BEFORE you restore them. Often, when people "restore" antique guns, knives, swords or what have you ... they destroy the value.

Yep. Those dudes on antique roadshow cringe when the owner tells the appraiser that they have taken hourS to restore a pice to what they thought would be former glory. It's both educating and painfully to watch.

Osobuco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Sep 4, 2010
    Hi all,

I have two very old swords that I'm looking to restore, does anyone know who I could go to with something like this?

Thanks!

if you restore them you will decrease their value :twocents: There are some things restoring helps - old cars, pinball machines, coke coolers, gasoline pumps ets and maybe a antique book and art if done very carefully and by pros but never things like weapons, coins, etc

smythe012

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 99.3%
    147   1   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Northwest Indiana
    Unless it would be determined that the swords are of high value, I think the only reason you keep/restore them is personal preference.

ALRIGHT ALRIGHT I'LL GET SOME PICTURES UP HERE!

2v9cjmg.jpg

21wqjb.jpg

3151u8l.jpg

2mfxmyc.jpg

208fz1k.jpg

345lj4y.jpg

qoymol.jpg

2q9cifs.jpg

2i6nu5i.jpg

Last edited:

Osobuco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Sep 4, 2010
    You need to have a expert in antique arms and armor check them out. To me one looks like dress sword and the other like field sword. If they are civil war they are worth a ton.

I am the cheese

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2012
    Google some in chicago. Might even get lucky enough to take them to the museum. They could help identify them for you.

Top Bottom