• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • meyer4589

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Feb 25, 2011
    Highland, IN
    So I need help from the shotgun guys. I have spent most of my youth and early adult life shooting mostly pump and auto shotguns I really know nothing about SxS shotguns. I was given an older Savage Stevens 311 H model 12 gauge. It has 30" barrels and double triggers as opposed to a single and is chambered for 2 .75 and 3 inch shells. From what I have read online is that most were made 28" and chambered for 2.75 only, and they were choked M/F. It says that the 30" versions were choked F/F. How do I confirm this? Are there any markings I should be looking for?

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    The barrels might be marked on he underside, under the fore grip.

I really couldn't tell you what the markings should look like. Sorry

Do you have a set of calipers? You could measure the bores.

senork

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    NW Indiana
    If the barrel is 30" the left barrel is Full and the right is Mod. It is probably chambered for 3" shells. The Series H was a later model in the Stevens series. If it has a serial number on the frame starting with a letter, probably an E followed by a number is one of the later models, maybe from the late 70s to mid 80's. If it has a letter and a number within a circle in front of the trigger guard just before the hinge, it is an earlier model. Starting in 1949 it was marked with A, 1950 B, and so on up to X in 1970, but O and Q were not used.

Top Bottom