• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Still don't think a ban will pass, but I've been curious about this since the last AWB.

Has any enterprising company ever made a pump action rifle or lever action rifle with a detachable box magazine?

I know about plenty of pump rifles, but I don't think I've seen the detach. box mag. I've even seen the ugly, but useful Mossberg 464 SPX, but it has a tube mag:

Mossberg_464_SPX_01.jpg

The Ruger Scout Rifle is the closest I have seen, but it's a bolt action.

Calibers? A 5.56mm lever action or pump would be fine, .308, maybe....want to get creative? 7.62x39 of 5.45x39.

Is there something like this out there?

Stubz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    May 2, 2011
    Alexandria, IN
    Yep, several years ago Remington released the 7615, a pump action .223. Basically an 870 scaled down and has a AR15 mag-well, can use mil surp 30's. There wasn't a whole lot of fan-fair surround its release and don't think it ever really caught on. IIRC, they released it amid the "scandals" going on of equipping police cruisers with AR style rifles. This was sort of marketed as a stop-gap to keep the sheep complacent.

Remington 7615

m7615.jpg

XDLover

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2012
    Delaware County
    There was a video on Youtube about this made a few weeks back. Very interesting and the guy talks about the advantage of having just a plain jane looking lever action with wood furniture as in most people don't think them as "mean" looking.

Somehow I could never put poly furniture on a classic Marlin...

-Rogue-

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    Looking at calibers:

Most of the time, lever actions are tube style, were "pointy" bullets may coincidentally set off their companion rounds in the tube. As such, most are .30-30 or a similar round.

If you are going a standard NATO round, most of the time you will have to have a magazine fed rifle. There are a few bullets out there that are tube-magazine compatible, but with ammo hard to find as it is, I would shy away from these for now.

Now, if you are willing to go with a pistol caliber or .30-30, I love lever actions.

That, or you can do a BLR from Browning, which uses a rotary magazine for lever actions to avoid any mis-fires.

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    It's quite possible Remington could re introduce the 7615 (it's only been out of production for a year or so) especially if something actually gets through Congress.

It's an option as for the Gucci'd up lever's whatever anyone wants, For me, I will just keep mine the traditional way. A rail by or sights by XS would be the only addition to mine

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    That Remington 7615 looks real interesting...sad to hear the prices are goofy, though.

I've always been a lever fan and think they would make a great defense gun, but I always thought I would like the ability to change mags quickly. I guess a pump makes more sense, though.

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    That Remington 7615 looks real interesting...sad to hear the prices are goofy, though.

Could be worse, they sell for twice our price in Australia. Very sought after rifle there. ;)

On a different note, Mossberg introduced a new variant of their MVP line at the Shot Show. 223/5.56 bolt action that uses AR mags. The new one is the Patrol model, in synthetic stock.

There is a pic of one here;

2013 SHOT Show Day 2

Archer46176

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 21, 2012
    South East of Indy
    Before any of the shootings or firearms ban fan fair started I decided a lever gun would be the way to go. Back in the early summer we were in Gander Mountain walking around with my cousin and his family. Whule they were looking at new fishing rods(my current ones suit me fine but they need new ones OFTEN) my wife and I went to look at the firearms counter.
    I was looking at lever guns in .44 mag and talking to one of the older guys who actually seemed like he knew something about firearms. I expressed my thought on a lever gun not being "menacing" to the sheeple and knowing that from hunting it will drop a 200lb deer at 100 yards. He agreed and wanted to sell me a Marlin but didnt have any in stock and said that they weren't like the older models anyway. They had no Henry's at that time but had a Rossi I wasnt crazy about. We talked about reloading because we both thought the ammo would be targeted as well. He was of the same.mindset as me and said he was buying ammo for what he already had...
    Lever guns can be worked quickly but there are no real ways to reload them quickly. I am aure they will be the next to skyrocket in price when people start buying them up because they cant find or afford an AR or AK...

Top Bottom