• ...and so much more!
  • rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    So for those of you who are Prime members of the Target Sports website it is the time when we would be seeing the once yearly Mystery box show up. Given the current ammo scene I think it will be interesting what they ship this year. So I have received notification of my package shipping and should have it on Friday. As anybody else either gotten their package yet? FYI I have cancelled my Prime membership until such time as I can actually get ammo.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    HAHAHAHAHA...Yes, I got mine. The usual ammo can with 9rnds of 5.56 green tip ammo, a TS buff, a TS patch, a couple of TS stickers and some nice red tissue paper. Times are lean.

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    I have no idea how Target is still in business. They haven't had inventory since May.
    The mystery gift was a nice thought but didn't amount to much even when they were in good times.
    Gave up my membership in September.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Tagged because I love seeing what is in different companies mystery boxes. Never ordered any myself though.

Rating - 96.3%
    26   1   0
    Oct 22, 2011
    Lebanon
    I am currently doing the tac-pac. Should be getting my January sometime soon. Last month was a dump bag, some shooting tape, sog knife, punch set, other small odds and ends. Typically around $100 worth for just around $55.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    Tagged because I love seeing what is in different companies mystery boxes. Never ordered any myself though.
    The Target Sports "mystery box" is not one that can be ordered. It is sent to TS Prime members once a year as a perk and isn't much.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    I got a small ammo can and 10 rounds of 9mm ammo. What a bust.

I notified them that my email address had been hacked (COMCAST server breech) and wanted to change the one associated with my account with them. Their answer was that the email associated with a prime membership account could not be changed. I was a month out from my renewal being due so I just cancelled the account.

I did get good value from them for the time I was actually able to order.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I thought the only sent the mystery box on your first anniversary. I’ve not seen once in quite a while. When it did come, it was 20 rounds of an off brand .40 HP ammo. I don’t recall there being any swag. I let my membership lapse this spring. The last ammo I was able to get from them at a reasonable price was a box of Nagant revolver ammo for the son’s gun. That was back some time last fall. I just can’t bring myself to drop $600+ on a case of 9mm. At least, not while I have a decent supply and material for reloads.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    My prime membership expired in December and I didn't renew..They told me last July that I could get on a list to get a text 3 hours ahead of ammo going on the site and I signed up.. Never saw a text, bye bye Target sports.
    I get texts and emails for ammo I've asked for in stock notifications on. The items are almost always sold out when I am notified.

My prime membership runs out in a couple of months and I will let it lapse until ammo is back in stock at tolerable pricing. It was a great deal for me while I stocked up over a few years.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    It used to be a pretty good deal. I stopped reloading 9mm because it was hard to beat their price at about $156 a case. I had signed up for notifications on a couple of things and when the 9mm notification came in, it was for north of $600 a case.

I don’t pretend to know what is happening behind the scenes there but would think that they should be getting some ammo deliveries, if not near normal delivery levels. Federal has a video out on how they are cranking out millions of rounds and I’d think that a site like TS would be regularly supplied. Sure, when it gets there, it’s consumed in minutes, but it should be getting there. So, why the $600 price per case?

Ammo manufacturer’s have recently announced a price increase that would still put that $156 case of ammo under $200. Is the ammo shortage impacting TS or is TS just selling everything they get in minutes, leaving near zero stocks on hand? If TS is not getting it’s normal stock, but companies like Federal are producing more ammo than normal, where is the ammo going? I know in the end, it goes to consumers but you would think that companies like TS would have agreements with major manufacturers to deliver specific quantities of ammo at reduced costs based on bulk contracts.

I wonder if TS might have less ammo than other suppliers due to some poor contract agreements that left them out in the cold at a time like this.

Top Bottom