• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Anderson
    I'm running into a little confusion, and considering it's Taurus, I'm not entirely surprised.

I have been looking at the Taurus 809, and 809 compact. According to Taurus' website, the 809 compact is "Coming Soon!" But some other websites leads me to think that it's already been released.

I've also seen in their 2011 catalog that there's a .22LR conversion kit for their 800 series handguns that Taurus' own customer service says they don't make.

And lastly I've heard from a few other sources that neither their website nor catalog is entirely accurate. Both either contain things they shouldn't because they've been discontinued. Or either (especially the website) is horribly behind the times in keeping current and relevant information about their products up to date.

Maybe you guys can tell me. Has the 809 Compact been released? If not, do we have a release date? Does Taurus have a .22LR conversion for the 800 series handguns? If so, does that conversion work on the compact version as well? The prices also seem wildly different from what the manufacture suggests to what the other sites are selling them for, which in my mind actually discredits these other sites. Anyone have any insight?

Top Bottom