• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • joshuametivier

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    Columbus
    On Monday I will be ordering my first Taurus: the PT 840. If anyone, for any reason objects to the union of me and this handgun speak up now, or forever hold your peace. Joshua.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Buy it and enjoy it, Taurus has put out a great product with the 800 series line.

I have both the PT-809 and PT-845 and love them.

My 840 has 4000 rounds down the pipe with nary a problem and I've had the chance to put 150 through the 845 for a function and fire test, which passed with flying colors.

I plan on buying the 840 with the .22 combo conversion when it becomes available.

bambek

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Henry Co.
    I was over at the Taurus forum and it has been said there will be NO conversion kit per conversations with people at Taurus....FYI

joshuametivier

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    Columbus
    There is a conversion kit available for the 800 series. Instead of going to a forum try going to the manufacturers website. It is listed in the 2011 catalog line-up. Joshua.

bambek

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Henry Co.
    I know.... I saw the catalog....but being in a book doesn't mean being manufactured. Just saying, apparently people have called and talked to the factory and they said it ain't happening. But...I'm sure the employees don't attend the board meetings so....who knows? I'll believe it when they ship. :) We can still all be friends right?

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    On Monday I will be ordering my first Taurus: the PT 840. If anyone, for any reason objects to the union of me and this handgun speak up now, or forever hold your peace. Joshua.

If people put this much thought into it before getting married, the world would probably be a better place. Just ask my ex-wife...

joshuametivier

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    Columbus
    We can totally be friends. Just find it hard to believe they would list it in this years line up, and then not sell it. There is a youtube video from the shot show featurning the president/ceo show casing all the new models and talking about them a little bit, one of them being the conversion kit. The conversion kit is not something I personally interested in anyway.

Top Bottom