• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tankerdave

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2014
    N E Indiana
    Does anyone have any first hand experience with any of the Taurus GX4 line of pistols? I was looking at a GX4XL and like the way it feels in hand. I know Taurus has a bad reputation with some people but these seem to have very good reviews. Hoping someone here has some knowledge of these and can shed some light for me. Thanks in advance for any and all info.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Does anyone have any first hand experience with any of the Taurus GX4 line of pistols? I was looking at a GX4XL and like the way it feels in hand. I know Taurus has a bad reputation with some people but these seem to have very good reviews. Hoping someone here has some knowledge of these and can shed some light for me. Thanks in advance for any and all info.

Check this thread.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    I’ve had one for a few years, it is my EDC, I liked it so much I bought a G3C to keep it company. The GX4 has fed all the ammo I’ve shot through it, 115gr, 124gr, 147gr… YMMV
    I was on the hate Taurus bandwagon til I traded for this, that and seeing the guns at the NRA convention, plus meeting former INGO member Caleb Giddings, he was as anti Taurus as you could be, but they hired him and and upped the QC on there products ( I do not now, nor have I ever worked for Taurus) and he’s ran thousands of round through their guns….

Trebor657

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 1, 2017
    Fort wayne
    I would like to fondle the GX4 Carry. Size wise it appears to be in the P365XL / Hellcat Pro box.
    Comparison of both to the GX4

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    I have seen several of the Taurus stuff come through classes and range visits. While the fires or early ones had a long trigger it wasn’t bad but they revamped the triggers so all the newer stuff is really really good carry triggers.

The GX4 is just the latest updated offering.

I would have zero issues throwing one in and carrying. Good choice and they work!

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I have seen several of the Taurus stuff come through classes and range visits. While the fires or early ones had a long trigger it wasn’t bad but they revamped the triggers so all the newer stuff is really really good carry triggers.

The GX4 is just the latest updated offering.

I would have zero issues throwing one in and carrying. Good choice and they work!
    What a Taurus made it through classes without falling apart?

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    What a Taurus made it through classes without falling apart?
    Actually yes! The basic intro classes are only 50 but several came through a defensive carry we ran at Top Guns and the Taurus guns ran through the 200 rounds just fine.

The problem was the Gucci Glocks and other striker fired stuff! They Choked…a lot

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Actually yes! The basic intro classes are only 50 but several came through a defensive carry we ran at Top Guns and the Taurus guns ran through the 200 rounds just fine.

The problem was the Gucci Glocks and other striker fired stuff! They Choked…a lot
    Remember sarcasm purple.

I have ran 2 G2c very hard without any problems. Friend wanted the first one I had, then my sister wanted one so I ran it through the same course. 500rds two days in a row as fast as I could pull the trigger. Other than the accuracy tests, and velocity tests. Cleaned, and lubed to start then 1000rds without cleaning or lube. Both ran fine. From cheap Winchester white box, Russo steel case, Underwood ammunition, my reloads and many other types of bullets ammunition and bullet weights.

If the GX4 is as good as the G2c and G3 series it should be a good shooter. IIRC the Gx4 is American made like the TX22.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    Top Bottom