• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BillyT

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 23, 2010
    Indy
    What exactly is the difference, pros and cons. Recoil, accuracy? Will the 410 hit harder coming out of the longer barrel?

Obviously this won't be a conceal issue.

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    The longer barrel will have more velocity and greater accuracy than a shorter one. Also you can not hunt with anything under 4 inches. As far as recoil hardly any difference.

not to be picky, but you could hunt coyotes and vermin with any size barrel and any caliber. not like you would really get a shot with a pistol like that, but legally you can dispatch of coyotes and other vermin (like rabbits in your garden) with any weapon. The law does not specify or restrict this to the best of my knowledge. Anyone else can verify?

markiemark

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jun 21, 2011
    Liberty, IN
    not to be picky, but you could hunt coyotes and vermin with any size barrel and any caliber. not like you would really get a shot with a pistol like that, but legally you can dispatch of coyotes and other vermin (like rabbits in your garden) with any weapon. The law does not specify or restrict this to the best of my knowledge. Anyone else can verify?

I believe the rule is in regards to deer hunting. Im not aware of any restrictions as far as pest control.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 5, 2011
    Greene County
    my bad I was refering to Deer

My bad I was refering to deer:rolleyes:

twostepadin

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2011
    Rockville Indiana
    if money isnt a problem the raging judge gives you another round, and another caliber, 454 casull. and where that isnt really on topic, let me bring it there. 45 Lc and 454 cas and 410 shot shell are gonna have a good bit more velocity out of that 6.5 inch barrel.

love that fancy pants 410 ammo with the discs and the pellets too.

Titanium Man

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Indy---USA
    I've got the 6", and it is the perfect companion while I'm roaming the farm, especially when I'm without my trusty 223. I wish they'd had the raging Judge when I bought mine, but I'll be fine with 410s and LC's out of it. I really like carrying mainly with the 410s. I once was working on my tripod stand, without a sidearm on me, (it was sitting on the tailgate:rolleyes:), and a couple of collarless dogs kept me from coming down from my stand. Wished I'd had that 410 in my hand then.;)

gunfreak6989

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2011
    any barrel that is longer shooting an identical round will have a higher velocity, but if you are using .410 rounds velocity isnt going to change much with the different barrel lengths unless you are using a rifled .410 slug.

Top Bottom