• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CombatVet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 10, 2009
    Bartholomew County
    Has anyone seen one of these? I was at Walmart picking up some solder and went by to check out their ammo. The attendant asked me if I liked guns. I gave him a puzzled look and said Yes, of course. He asked me what kind of ammo I was looking for and I told him 45 Colt and .410 (for my Judge). He , very excitedly ; asked me if I'd seen the new Judge rifle and starts to pull it out of the case and tells me to sight it. It was literally a pistol transformed into a rifle, cylinder and all. It felt very good against my sholder. Walmart had a price of $499, which if I recall correctly is cheaper than the handgun. I liked the sights and the sight picture, they were red and green and very easy to distinguish between front and back just by color. I'm very tempted to get one before deer season and hunt with it.

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    I'm not one much for the "Judge" rifles. I'd suggest taking a look at a Rossi Handi Rifle or one of the Lever action .45LC rifles since you already shoot that caliber from your handgun.

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    Circuit Judge.... reinvention of the wheel... this was an origanal rifle disign after cartridges were invented and the revolver switched over (heck they might even had them for loose powder and ball, I don't know my history that well)

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Yep...Rossi branded, but yes, essentially a Taurus Judge rifle / shotgun.

The whole double/action rifle is a bit strange, though...

Revolving rifles aren't anything new. Some of the antique ones are pretty neat to look at!

But, as with the Judge, the same "issues" emerge with the long gun. "Jack of all trades, master of none" or, another way, an answer to a question that wasn't asked.

The little blast shield on the sides of the frame near the front of the cylinder gap are a very nice touch, though.

-J-

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Marketing

A Judge has found a home here. Handgun, not "rifle". The handgun is a toy that plays in many games for us. Anti-snake with #4 shot. Anti-2-legged-snake with 000 buck. Mini skeet with #7 shot and hand tossed dove-size clays is more fun than you might think. Toss 'em left-handed, shoot 'em right-handed! It has sold enough to cause ammo manufacturers to produce personal defense .410 loads specifically for it.

The "rifle" version..........I don't see it's niche. But then I don't see a niche for the Ranch Hand either. :twocents:

badmac183

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    May 25, 2011
    hamlet, IN
    A Judge has found a home here. Handgun, not "rifle". The handgun is a toy that plays in many games for us. Anti-snake with #4 shot. Anti-2-legged-snake with 000 buck. Mini skeet with #7 shot and hand tossed dove-size clays is more fun than you might think. Toss 'em left-handed, shoot 'em right-handed! It has sold enough to cause ammo manufacturers to produce personal defense .410 loads specifically for it.

The "rifle" version..........I don't see it's niche. But then I don't see a niche for the Ranch Hand either. :twocents:

What is the niche for single shot and pump .410s, when we can use semi Autos? I'd take this over a pump or single barreled .410 any day.

Last edited:

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Niches

What is the niche for single shot and pump .410s, when we can use semi Autos? I'd take this over a pump or single barreled .410 any day.

Apparently there is one. .410s have been around for a long time in various versions including semi-auto........without the rifling which will tend to really make them "scatter guns". :)

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    One more of those toys which won't do anything I can't do better with something else I already own, but I have a feeling ill end up with one anyway. It does have the cool factor going for.it!

dusterdrag

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2009
    Bloomington
    I love the judge!, but how long is the barrel on the rifle? Wouldn't it just make sense to just get a 20 gauge scatter gun for a whole lot cheaper than 5 bills. Just a thought

Titanium Man

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Indy---USA
    I can't fall in love with this one yet. Can't put my finger on it, but for a few bucks more, I bought the 77/44 Ruger, and am extremely happy with it.:)

Top Bottom