• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HardTruth

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2011
    New Albany
    Can anyone share any information on any of the taurus millenium pros? I'm likeing what i know so far. I'm looking to trade a S&W Model 36 Chief special (circa 1968) in on it. Thanks for all the help.
    HardTruth:ar15:

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Don't know that I'd trade in a good piece like a Mod 36, but the MilPro line is pretty good. I like mine. Shoots well and haven't had any issues with it, so far. I like the whole lifetime warranty bit, too. Just in case. You might also take a look at their Slim line. Nice lower profile guns.

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    I have its bigger brother, (24/7, in .45 ACP)

Basically the same gun, scaled up an inch or two. Zero issues of any sort as of yet. My father has one in 9mm, as well; same story.

Hard to beat the modern Taurus's as far as price vs value.

Jubba

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2010
    WAL-MART
    I have the .40 and like it. It has never given me any problems. I would definitely not trade in a mod 36 for one though.

HardTruth

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2011
    New Albany
    Thanks Jubba for the info. I know what i want and the best way I can get it at this point is to trade in the S&W Chiefs special Mod-36. Hopefully I can get someone to give me a fair deal or I may try to sell it out right. Thanks BlueEagle and again thanks to everyone.

swmp9jrm

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2008
    NCO
    I've got a GEN3 PT-145 Millennium Pro that's my daily carry - good, reliable, accurate carry gun. I also have a PT-709 Slim that I occasionally carry - same characteristics. Both guns will go bang on just about anything.

Now, as far as trading away the Model 36 - I do like my Taurus semi's, but I'd have to think long and hard about that! :(

NovemberKilo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2011
    Northern Indiana
    I will have to go against the grain here...

Based on my experiences with the Millenium Pro PT140, I cannot recommend it.

I found it to be extremely inaccurate, routinely unreliable and poor in general quality. I have known many knowledgeable people who like theirs, but the one I had was a total lemon.

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Earlier models were unreliable; like just about any Gen1 firearm, they had their share of call-backs for issues. Since then, though, they've been stellar as far as I have found.

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    I would keep the Model 36 and save my money to buy the Millenium Pro. I have an older Millenium that has been fine for a long time, but is now at Taurus getting some work done due to fails to extract. I looked at the extractor with an eye lupe, and noticed it was really wore down. They said they were running about three to four weeks on warranty repairs, so I should be getting it back in about two or so weeks. I love that Taurus warranty.

FERLACH

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 28, 2010
    Plainfield
    I have a PT145 millenium pro, have fired 400/500 rounds thru it ( all hardball ) and never a hiccup. It is a gun I would trust my life on. As a side note, I have owned several other quality guns ($500.00 up) that were not as dependable.

Top Bottom