• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 19, 2009
    Central Indiana
    The Beretta 92/96 clones are just about the best handguns that taurus has produced. They bought the Brazillian Beretta factory lock, stock, and barrel. They've made some changes over the years so they're not identical to the Beretta's but they're generally known as reliable guns. Not bad looking too, as long as they don't have pink or white pearl grips.

Price - well - anything is worth what someone is willing to pay for it. If i was in the market for something in that platform, I'd say it was a good price if it shoots well, feeds reliably, and hasn't been abused.

The .40 is a high pressure round, so it will likely show more signs of wear than a comparable piece in 9mm with the same round count - but that could be minor considering they're usually built like tanks.

Taurus has an excellent warranty but a poor reputation in the customer service department - so while any issues that you have will likely be fixed, it'll probably take a while. Something to consider.

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Buddy has one exactly like that in 9mm; if you don't want to buy it for $250, tell your friend I will. Its a good deal at that price. Especially given that, even if he has worn the crap out of it, you can just send it back to Taurus and get a basically brand new gun back within 2 or 3 weeks, free of charge.

.40caltrucker

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    He has only shot half a box of ammo through it but bought it used. So round count :dunno:.

Will I need the original papers for Taurus to honor any warranty work? No box or papers come with it, and his brother who has shot it swears up and down it shoots like crap and can't hit a target from 10' away. I blame him but of course he swears he's a perfect shot :rolleyes:. We'll see this weekend when I put a few hundred rounds through it first. I'm betting I can get a better grouping with it then my EDC G27.

Top Bottom