• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    I'll be honest, I kind of prefer the original. Not every firearm for me needs to mimic an AR, and I really love the controls on the current ones. Glad to see the trigger is being improved though, and I've read the standard Tavor's will now ship with the improved version as well.

Papa

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Ohio
    I'd like to be able to cut the barrel back for 300 blackout and mount a supressor. From my understanding the original version had a bigger hand guard a supressor could tuck underneath. Dono if this could be done now :(

TheFireArmorer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Bloomington
    I've been close to buying a Tavor for a couple of years now. With the X95 hitting the market here, this might have changed my plans. Aesthetically, I kind of prefer the X95.

Mike Grasso

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 5, 2014
    Westfield
    I had the chance to manipulate and shoot this at the Shot Show. I was very impressed. Impressed enough to let my IDF go and order one thru my LEO contact at IMI. The 300 should should be in early to mid April. I'll write up something then.

masterdekoy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Columbus
    I like it, but I'm disappointed with the changes they had to make for the us market. Great SBR candidate though as then you could turn it into how it should be. Plus maybe someone will want to sell me their "gen 1" Tavor cheap :cool:

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I like it, but I'm disappointed with the changes they had to make for the us market. Great SBR candidate though as then you could turn it into how it should be. Plus maybe someone will want to sell me their "gen 1" Tavor cheap :cool:

I doubt it. The standard tavor is unmutilated by US laws except for a little block in the trigger pack compartment.

The X95 was almost entirely redesigned for the US market and looks nothing like the military rifle.

deadsquirrel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Carmel
    I doubt it. The standard tavor is unmutilated by US laws except for a little block in the trigger pack compartment.

The X95 was almost entirely redesigned for the US market and looks nothing like the military rifle.

what is different about the x95 version? I thought it was just barrel length

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I'm agreeing with you guys... If you could get a 300sbr and tuck a can it would be a freaking sweet little package! Quite a bit shorter than my current 300sbr!

KoopaKGB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    South Bend
    what is different about the x95 version? I thought it was just barrel length

New trigger housing provides a claimed 5lbs pull. Magazine release has been moved to the traditional AR-15 spot and is now a button instead of a latch. The trigger guard/hand guard is modular. Tri-pic rails come standard now. The charging handle has been moved further back towards the shooter.

deadsquirrel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Carmel
    New trigger housing provides a claimed 5lbs pull. Magazine release has been moved to the traditional AR-15 spot and is now a button instead of a latch. The trigger guard/hand guard is modular. Tri-pic rails come standard now. The charging handle has been moved further back towards the shooter.

I was referring to the quote below. Very excited about the above features just wondering what is mechanically different than the Israeli version

masterdekoy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Columbus
    It's not mechanically different from my understanding. However additional length was added to the barrel and stock to make it over 26" OAL requirement for the US market. The whole point of the x95 was a super compact tavor. What we got is basically the same size as the SAR.

IMO, I would rather have a standard tavor. Just my opinion though

deadsquirrel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Carmel
    So the new x95 is not "entirely redesigned" just adds some space in the back and barrel a little longer for the US market?

If that's the case I'm not sure what's not to love about the new model vs the old one unless the old mag release is your thing

Yamadog35

- - - - - - - - - - - -
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Central Indiana
    MAC's video below provides good info about what's different. I have a Tavor and love it and was interested in the X95, but in its civilian configuration I don't think there's enough difference to make want to change over or get one to keep my Tavor company. If both rifles had been available when I got my Tavor a couple of years ago I likely would have gotten the X95, but now? Meh. Now if I could get a more compact SBR version in 300 blackout then yeah, I'd be interested.

[video=youtube;CASkgMiTZDc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CASkgMiTZDc[/video]

Last edited:

masterdekoy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Columbus
    So the new x95 is not "entirely redesigned" just adds some space in the back and barrel a little longer for the US market?

If that's the case I'm not sure what's not to love about the new model vs the old one unless the old mag release is your thing

True. And after watching the video I can see the benefits of the newer model. I was thinking "cool factor" as it is the same model used by IDF.

All all probably a moot point as I won't be able to afford one in the foreseeable future.

Top Bottom