• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fedempl

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    McCordsville
    I know the chances are really slim, but, if everyone else can get tax credits why not us. This is how it should work, if anyone has other ideas, feel free to add on.

$ 1000 for having a license/permit in the State you reside and $250 for each additional State, or
    $ 2500 if you actually own and carry in the State you reside and $500 for each additional State you have carried in for the tax year
    $ 500 for each additional licensee in the household.
    $ 250 for each handgun in the house
    $ 250 for each longgun in the house
    $ 200 for the first 250 rounds purchased, $100 for each additional 250 rounds purchased
    $ 100 for each safety class attended and passed
    $ 100 for each Self Defense course attended and passed
    $ 25 for each 50 rounds of ammo up to 500, then $15 for each 100 rounds
    $ 25 for each trip to the range for practice (min 200 rnds), $50 over 200 rounds

:twocents:

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    That would be pretty cool!

I'll have to ask my insurance agent about deductions from my premium for "defense". If I get it for smoke alarms and an alarm system, why not for firearms and ammo?

beevans

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Speedway
    You'd never get enough gun owners on board to make this feasible. Consider that everyone claiming these credits would be reporting all of their firearms and carry activities to the government. There are fierce enough battles already going for background checks and suppressors, full auto, etc.

Brian S.

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2011
    Toto, IN
    I know the chances are really slim, but, if everyone else can get tax credits why not us.

I don't support tax credits of any kind. They are a way for the government to use the system of forced taxation to manipulate us into government approved behavior.

I'd much rather they simply cut taxes and get off the gun industry's sack.

:twocents:

Garb

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Richmond
    You'd never get enough gun owners on board to make this feasible. Consider that everyone claiming these credits would be reporting all of their firearms and carry activities to the government. There are fierce enough battles already going for background checks and suppressors, full auto, etc.

This. Plus I would rather the income tax be done away with altogether.

Chance

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    Berne
    Security

I know one guy that gets a "security allowance" because he has a farm/business at his home. It is enough to get him a couple of pieces of hardware each year. OK'd by his accountant.

Top Bottom