• ...and so much more!
  • billmyn

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    160   0   1
    Mar 19, 2009
    New Ross
    am thinking of purchasing a supressor and get alot of conflickting turn around times going anywhere from 3mo to 1 year . can anyone help thanks along time to wait and what effects these wait times thanks for any info .

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Galveston
    From what I've heard the two biggest factors are the size of the stack of applications, and the examiner. The more applications being submitted, the longer the wait time. Some examiners take longer to do their jobs than others.

billmyn

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    160   0   1
    Mar 19, 2009
    New Ross
    so is just depends on who you get and how busy they are but is there anything i can do on my part to help thanks

billmyn

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    160   0   1
    Mar 19, 2009
    New Ross
    i have heard that about paper work so i need to find a dealer that is good with the paper work as i have no knowledge of it

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    KNOW OF A GOOD CLASSIII dealer fair and helpful

My suppressor came through Aszerigan, here in the forum - Profire Arms and Supply. He's top-notch. Its a Huntertown Arms Guardian, made here in Indiana.

And I'm waiting on my stamp...been about 4 weeks now so I expect it'll be awhile still.

revsaxon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plano, TX
    Yeah, Corey at SSNFA is a great guy and he currently has 2 suppressors in his safe that have my name on them.....

When I went thru him the examiner was done in 50-something days. Seems suppressors transfer pretty quickly (well, quickly for NFA stuff), its the making a SBR or transferring a MG that seem to take a while.

Corey is a good guy to work with too, really made it easy for me

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    When I went thru him the examiner was done in 50-something days. Seems suppressors transfer pretty quickly (well, quickly for NFA stuff), its the making a SBR or transferring a MG that seem to take a while.

Corey is a good guy to work with too, really made it easy for me

It doesn't matter what type of NFA weapon you are talking about. All form 4's are processed the same and all form 1's are processed the same. The only difference is the examiner and their workload.

SSNFA's normal examiner might be one of the quicker ones and that's what gives you this impression. If you sent in a Form 1, you would likely get a different examiner and the time frame would be different, but they are basically handled the same.

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Now it used to be that those with corporations would get much faster turn-around time than those applying as individuals, but that has changed since the NFA workload has increased. Now everyone pretty much takes the same amount of time.

ZbornacSVT

Owner at Bobcat Armament
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Shelbyville
    Another thing to keep in mind is whether or not the can is in stock. Some of those longer wait times are when the dealer has to wait for it to be made, transferred to the dealer, then to you.

Top Bottom