• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 8, 2013
    Indianapolis, IN
    While I have not listened to this interview, I have listened to and watched some of his other recent interviews on his new book. I hope it will wake some people up in the "sheep" community since the topic has become a bit more public. Recent headlines that the govt is moving lots of things underground just incase and now NPR spending some time on it gives me hope that more people will take some action to prepare.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Besides Obama this is probably the biggest threat we face for a
    real shtf event. This could be a grid outtage that never gets repaired or could take months if it did. The temporary grid outtage on the east cost a couple years ago was devastating. As mentioned in the interview, imagine millions of people from the east coast fleeing as refugees to other states who's grid is still up. There is no way they could handle the influx of people. The government even admits they wouldn't have enough food and water for all of those people let alone medical care. Most likely Hundreds of thousands would die if this were longer than a couple weeks. We would have to close the states borders even if we had power because people would wipe is out of everything and then we would die. We live in a day and age where people just expect help to be there for anything with a snap of the finger. Watching people just die would be a grim but necessary reality. In a true shtf or teotwawki event hard choices will have to be made. Do you temporarily save others and then surely kill yourself from it or can you just do what needs to be done by not offering aid and survive and possibly have to fight to protect what little you have? If the east or west coast grid goes down (we are part of the east) then all food distribution for the WHOLE country would be affected so we would see bare shelves even here. Do you have at least a couple months worth of food and water and supplies just in case? Good food for thought.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom