• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    I've shot the Terre Haute sporting clays course. It is quite a walk. In the past I have been a AA shooter in all four gauges (12,20,28 in , and .410) in skeet, but for the life of me sporting clays eludes me. I guess it's because I try to shoot every target like its a skeet target. Regardless, sporting clays is the golf of the shotgun sports. Fun to shoot but very frustrating.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    I need to sheck that place out. While they lack the one thing I love, SKEET!, they have all the other clay sports available.

Who's up for a round of Sporting Clay? I'll drive the cart. :)

zinx

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 17, 2008
    Castleton
    Terre Haute throws some good targets, and it really isn't much of a walk. Also check out HCIWL in Kokomo. They throw some of the best targets in the state. And if you head south, you can't miss Sugar Creek in Mitchell, and Indian Creek just north of Louisville. Any other NSCA registered shooters here?

TheBigLebowski

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    Bloomington
    Made my first visit to Terre Haute Sporting clays today. The owners, Laura and Doyne Borders, and their staff are incredibly helpful and friendly. I shot (read shot at) four rounds of trap, patterned my shotgun and enjoyed some quality porch time at the club house. I will definitely go back and try the sporting clays and the five stand. Again, if there are nicer people in the business.....I haven't met them.

MadCity Hoosier

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 28, 2010
    Greencastle
    Terre Haute throws some good targets, and it really isn't much of a walk. Also check out HCIWL in Kokomo. They throw some of the best targets in the state. And if you head south, you can't miss Sugar Creek in Mitchell, and Indian Creek just north of Louisville. Any other NSCA registered shooters here?

I was an NSCA member for 6 years or so, but I've let family life, hunting, and career crowd out my love for sporting clays. Dad and I get to Terre Haute SC a few times every year, but we really miss our 'home' club, which was Triple H in Linton. They had skeet, trap, and a really fun sporting course set up back among the stripper pits.

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    I was an NSCA member for 6 years or so, but I've let family life, hunting, and career crowd out my love for sporting clays. Dad and I get to Terre Haute SC a few times every year, but we really miss our 'home' club, which was Triple H in Linton. They had skeet, trap, and a really fun sporting course set up back among the stripper pits.

Linton has stripper pits? Who's up for a meet and greet? Rhino, no latex superhero suit this time.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington

Does sugar creek offer trap?

zinx

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 17, 2008
    Castleton

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Linton has stripper pits? Who's up for a meet and greet? Rhino, no latex superhero suit this time.

What about my leather posing pouch? Yes, the rough side is "in," but it's well burnished by now.

They do offer trap. They have two fields, but only one field has a trap house. I think they mostly use those fields for 5 stand. The last two times I was there was for the State Sporting Clays and for the Zoli Sporting Shoot, so no one was shooting trap. Here is a link to the satellite view of the place: https://www.google.com/maps/@38.7183314,-86.337873,119m/data=!3m1!1e3

You had me all excited with the "Sugar Creek" until I realized it's not named for the same Sugar Creek that goes by where I live.

hotcorner5

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2014
    Indianapolis
    Does anyone have prices on the cost of a road of sporting clays in Terre Haute? I shot skeet at Indiana gun club but have been looking for some good sporting clays courses. I will have to try this one out. The usual, 100 shots per round?

Top Bottom