• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    These types of accidents tend to happen when people become comfortable around their equipment.

A healthy fear of anything that can kill you will tend to keep you alive a bit longer. I know that I find myself being a bit too cavalier around power equipment at times and need to take a break from it.

NapalmFTW

British dude
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lowell
    A healthy fear of anything that can kill you will tend to keep you alive a bit longer. I know that I find myself being a bit too cavalier around power equipment at times and need to take a break from it.

Perhaps not fear but respect. I try and explain to the wife about having a healthy level of respect for weather, machinery etc. She can't understand how you can respect an inanimate object.

I just bang my head against a brick wall sometimes.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    and that mentality is whats wrong w/ the country these days. there is no sense of accountability for ones own actions. the pilot didn't force her into it, and one could reasonably expect someone to stay clear of the planes engine/prop.

its her fault plain and simple and trying to blame anyone else is ludicrous.

That would be like saying that someone familiar with firearms hands someone a loaded pistol with no training is not responsible for what could happen.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Perhaps not fear but respect. I try and explain to the wife about having a healthy level of respect for weather, machinery etc. She can't understand how you can respect an inanimate object.

I just bang my head against a brick wall sometimes.
    You need to respect that brick wall, it is very unforgiving.

Top Bottom