• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ewoodworth1

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    ne indianapolis
    well i just got my form 1 sent back for corrections. i opened up the envelope and read the attached letter and found out that the reason my form was sent back was because the law enforcement certification part was filled out incorrectly. this wouldn't be frustrating if i hadn't been waiting since feb. 14 plus the $200 for the stamp. hopefully i will be treated like royalty when i go back to the impd so the can fix their mistake (hopefully that day)

has anyone else had this happen or am i just that special and lucky?

chuckp

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2009
    Central IN
    Once corrected and returned the BATFE will process it rather quickly. It does not go to the bottom of the stack and start over. I know it sucks but it will get processed.

Chuck

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    Im curious, but what did they screw up?

I fill in EVERYTHING except for the place where the CLEO signs and dates so that it leave little room for error.

well i just got my form 1 sent back for corrections. i opened up the envelope and read the attached letter and found out that the reason my form was sent back was because the law enforcement certification part was filled out incorrectly. this wouldn't be frustrating if i hadn't been waiting since feb. 14 plus the $200 for the stamp. hopefully i will be treated like royalty when i go back to the impd so the can fix their mistake (hopefully that day)

has anyone else had this happen or am i just that special and lucky?

TREETOP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    Carmel/Westfield
    Ok....still ignorant.... NFA?

Firearms and other items restricted by the National Firearms Act of 1934.
    These are machine guns, sound suppressors, short barreled rifles, short barreled shotguns (unfortunately illegal in Indiana), Destructive Devices, and AOWs which are "Any Other Weapon" as classified by NFA.

The forms 1 and 4 mentioned above are part of the process required to legally own these weapons.

Here's a little info on the NFA:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Firearms_Act

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I fill in EVERYTHING except for the place where the CLEO signs and dates so that it leave little room for error.

I learned to do this after I had a form kicked back b/c the person signing for the chief didn't write that he was signing FOR the chief. I simply filled in that information and sent the form back to the ATF; no need to go back to IMPD.

Top Bottom