• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hogwylde

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    Moved to Tucson, AZ
    And getting thru the airport isn't rocket science boys and girls.

Have your travel documents out and ready when you walk up to the check in kiosk, don't stand around like a dipstick fishing for your paperwork and holding up everyone behind you.

Put your computer in a bin, put your computer bag on top of your coat in the other bin, take off your shoes and MOVE!

The dressing room isn't at the end of the x-ray machine. Stop standing around dressing yourself and making everyone behind you wait.

It's a moving walkway, not a stand around and talk way. If you are too lazy to walk, get some airport lackey to push you around in a wheelchair.

If your bag is too heavy for you to lift it and put it in the overhead BY YOURSELF, then you should be checking it and not hoping some strong guy will help you with it.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Maybe that person standing there blocking the line just beyond the infringement zone is doing that to make a statement? Maybe that person who just before enters the infringement zone stops, slowly takes off his/her shoes, slowly takes the computer out of it's protective cover, slowly folds their clothing, etc. is making a statement?

It isn't rocket science to know that the whole TSA zone is one big farce and does very little to make a flight from Indiana to Chicago any safer. (or anywhere else for that matter).

The rest I agree with. :)

jetmechG550

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    I travel commercial and private quite extensively, I/we at work all agree there should be lines for frequent travelers that know the routine and that in order to BUY an airline ticket, you should have to pass a test, basically common sense questions but completion of a class on how to travel by air. I can't count the amount of times I was told I was rude because I wouldn't help someone put their bag up or get their bag from the overhead. Just because I have crew ID's doesn't mean I am employed by the airline, if I injure my back (which is already a mess), who pays for me missing work? Or how about you just check your bag like I did if you can't pick it up (as Hog stated). Yes the TSA (Thousands Standing Around) is a joke but people are completely baffled as soon as you start throwing the word safety out there (oh they said for safety then it must be good).

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    Personally How about ditching the asinine checks that are only effective in someones mind...

QFT

I'm waiting for the day the terrorists realize that you can blow up the security station and kill far more people because we're all stuck in line behind THAT ONE GUY who insists on blocking the line!!

jetmechG550

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Personally How about ditching the asinine checks that are only effective in someones mind...

Very true, always said everyone could learn a lot if they took a page out of how it's done in Israel. But then again, the "agents" couldn't be McDonald's rejects

canav844

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    Well until they put a dressing room at the end of the security checkpoint you're going to have to wait because I'm not walking around the terminal with my pants around my ankles and my shoes in my hand.

That said I've got the timing down to where I generally am not waiting in the back of the line because of the TSA wanting me to use my key to inspect the firearm, so I'm not holding up the checked baggage line.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    If the sheep are upset because I am too slow putting my shoes, belt and whatever other article of clothing back in their proper locations then they just need to deal with it. Remember it's for YOUR safety! Baaa, Baaa!:sheep:

cordex

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 24, 2008
    It's not the people going through the "security" checkpoints that are the problem, it's the checkpoints themselves.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    We're going to Vegas later this year, we flew there in 2010, and had absolutely no problems getting through TSA checkpoints, no rudeness, no pat downs, no scanners. This year we're driving there, taking in some scenery along the way. Even though our last flight was no problem, I've sworn off flying. Until the TSA is gone, no airline will ever get another dime from me. Long lines at the airport are not the fault of the people who are just trying to get from point a to point b. It's not the fault of inexperienced flyers. It's one of the infinite faults of the TSA.

jetmechG550

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    We're going to Vegas later this year, we flew there in 2010, and had absolutely no problems getting through TSA checkpoints, no rudeness, no pat downs, no scanners. This year we're driving there, taking in some scenery along the way. Even though our last flight was no problem, I've sworn off flying. Until the TSA is gone, no airline will ever get another dime from me. Long lines at the airport are not the fault of the people who are just trying to get from point a to point b. It's not the fault of inexperienced flyers. It's one of the infinite faults of the TSA.

I agree to a point, but there are some really stupid people out there that shouldn't even be allowed to take Greyhound let alone step foot in the nations airports.

The TSA are morons in their own right, I have an AOA badge for IND, I had to go through Federal background checks and FBI fingerprinting to obtain the badge which is issued by the airport authority, the same badging office theirs comes from except I can go more places and half the clowns won't accept it. Some do and I've presented it as ID at other airports and they have taken it as acceptable ID. There's no consistency which is why they were never given a job on the grill team at Golden Arches Supper Club.

Top Bottom