• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    While we will most certainly get the folks who will say that our future nation state protection is in jeopardy, I will agree with Mullen on that: It is a meritocracy, your worth and image is based on what you do, not what you say. VERY strong words from him and I agree with him. Those who scream and yell about the repeal that are in the military do not have our nation's best interests at heart: They care more about social trends than their job!

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    One of the interesting things about the military, and how it differs from the average citizen's life: orders are orders. If you don't like it, maybe the civilian world can give you an hanky.

I'll withhold comment on the DADT topic. I do applaud the commanding officers for reminding the rank and file of their duty. I am sure there are lots of things the enlisted don't like, but it isn't their place to complain about it. If your CO says to watch someone's back, you do so. Period. End of story.

kingnereli

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    New Castle
    B.S. article. I'll translate. We don't care about morale or effectiveness. I've though most servicemen don't want a change we are going to do it anyway and you can shove it if you don't like it.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    This will work out real well for us. Let's chase off all the warriors to be replaced by a more polite and civilized group of individuals. As long as we never have to go to war again, it should be fine. We will look really fashionable, since they will be thin and neat.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    B.S. article. I'll translate. We don't care about morale or effectiveness. I've though most servicemen don't want a change we are going to do it anyway and you can shove it if you don't like it.
    Sounds just like the military! I remember the same talk about women, blacks, orientals, etc.... Thankfully, our servicemen (all of them) are professional enough to set aside their differences and focus on the objective.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Sounds just like the military! I remember the same talk about women, blacks, orientals, etc.... Thankfully, our servicemen (all of them) are professional enough to set aside their differences and focus on the objective.

You remember all that? Huh... just how old are you?

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    This will work out real well for us. Let's chase off all the warriors to be replaced by a more polite and civilized group of individuals. As long as we never have to go to war again, it should be fine. We will look really fashionable, since they will be thin and neat.

Maybe so, but the folks that will be in the military, after said mass exodus, will be people who take their job seriously and those are the Spartans I want watching the Hot Gates against maurauding Persians! I want people protecting me that think for their country first, their personal ambitions second. I sleep a HECK of a lot better when I know people who want to be in the military are there and are willing to do their jobs instead of crabbing about things that have no pertinence upon their duties.

I would hate to see who some of these folks reattune themselves to civvie life when their tours are up! I would not want to be around them, that is for sure. :(

I will agree Regionnus: Sort of like a "meanwhile, behind the fascade of this innocent looking goat dealership, evil stirs...". Politics are wasting time in this nation in getting things done, over with and out the door all because some folks who should care about things PERTINENT to their jobs want to apply their personal feelings on something that has nothing to do with the military.

machete

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2010
    Traplantis

way to generalize about a group of people!!!

thats funny,,,when I was in,,,being organized and fit was called being squared away,,,now its a bad thing??? Ive known some gay dudes who are in very good shape and I would never want to get in a fight with...

Ive alsao known some who are about worthless,,,it happens with all groups...

Maybe some gay guy has just a touch more patience,,,and thinks just a bit longer before blowing everyone away...this is a bad thing???

Organized,,,fit,,,thinking...sounds like a good soldier to me... Id bet youd be surprised at who you know who is really gay...

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Maybe so, but the folks that will be in the military, after said mass exodus, will be people who take their job seriously and those are the Spartans I want watching the Hot Gates against maurauding Persians! I want people protecting me that think for their country first, their personal ambitions second. I sleep a HECK of a lot better when I know people who want to be in the military are there and are willing to do their jobs instead of crabbing about things that have no pertinence upon their duties.

I would hate to see who some of these folks reattune themselves to civvie life when their tours are up! I would not want to be around them, that is for sure. :(

I will agree Regionnus: Sort of like a "meanwhile, behind the fascade of this innocent looking goat dealership, evil stirs...". Politics are wasting time in this nation in getting things done, over with and out the door all because some folks who should care about things PERTINENT to their jobs want to apply their personal feelings on something that has nothing to do with the military.

Or they will be the hapless trolls watching the warriors fight. I don't presuppose what it will be. I know this. We have a system that works. Perfectly? No. But it works.

The time to screw around is not when engaged in battle on multiple fronts. The fact that there are people that think this issue is more important than winning and coming home saddens me the most. So much for pretending to support the troops.

grimor

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2010
    Elkhart
    Mullen told a Senate Armed Services Committee hearing that the military is based on meritocracy, "what you do, not who you are." He said if Congress changes the don't ask, don't tell policy then the U.S. military will comply.
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...-change-gay-service-policy-job/#ixzz16zH2LIVa
    meritocracy eh? Must be a different military than I'm in. Mine is all about rewarding the "first ________"(female, black asian, midget, etc ) and filling quotas to stay politically correct.

machete

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2010
    Traplantis
    Or they will be the hapless trolls watching the warriors fight. I don't presuppose what it will be. I know this. We have a system that works. Perfectly? No. But it works.

The time to screw around is not when engaged in battle on multiple fronts. The fact that there are people that think this issue is more important than winning and coming home saddens me the most. So much for pretending to support the troops.

youre just running a stall tactic to ensure we can never make a change...always some front out thre thats too pressing to allow us to change...

And when the troops there rotate out,,,we can roate the new troops in,,,and some will be gay...

Will you support the troops if theyre gay???

Zephri

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 12, 2008
    Indianapolis, Northside.
    Well if we didn't cause a problem for the military before they repealed this then I highly doubt we will now.

I mean when you think about it when you're getting shot at looking at other men should be the least of your concern, if it's not then you'll get what you deserve for not paying attention.

As to the so called dreadful shower scene, it'll never happen to a straight man unless you tie him down and rape him but that will obviously be punished anyways no matter what sex does it.

That's my view on it.

Last edited:

Arthur Dent

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    youre just running a stall tactic to ensure we can never make a change...always some front out thre thats too pressing to allow us to change...

And when the troops there rotate out,,,we can roate the new troops in,,,and some will be gay...

Will you support the troops if theyre gay???
    There are already gay troops out there. Doing their job just fine.

kingnereli

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    New Castle

You might have a point if any of those things were in any way comparable to gays. They're not. So you don't, but you could have.

Pocketman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    Like it or not, gays are already in the military. They are also in the police, fire and most every other workplace. Repealing DADT will do little more than add transparency. It will not change the expectations of performance and conduct. I think if many of us could wave a magic wand over this situation it would be resolved differently, but that's not an option.

Aarg

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 3, 2010
    Give sen. Lugar a call tell him what you think. he is thinking of voting for the repeal.
    Call Senator Lugar's offices at the following numbers/locations:
    Washington, DC - (202) 224-4814
    Evansville - (812) 465-6313
    Fort Wayne - (260) 422-1505
    Indianapolis - (317) 226-5555
    Valparaiso - (219) 548-8035

Top Bottom