• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    You know how as a parent when we catch our children doing something wrong and we always fuss at them about it. Yet when we see them doing something right, something we expect them to do, we rarely tell them they are doing a good job.

Well today I was getting onto 465 South from 86th street, there are double on ramp lanes and our's came to a screeching halt. Up ahead was a Marion County Deputy's car with a small older SUV pulled off the road in front of it. An off duty Marion County Office in civilian clothes, had stopped to help this lady who's whole wheel had come off. I found this encouraging since I had recent car troubles 60 miles from home. Knowing that LEO's still stop to help stranded motorist and check on them eases my mind, because 6 weeks ago I could have been that stranded motorist.

This may seem like a simple thing for LEO's to do and it's probably part of their job discription, but I know how it make me feel when my boss thanks me for helping him with a certain task, which is well within my job duties. Being recognized for doing a good job or even just being recognized because you did your job correctly can go along way in boosting moral.

Well done Marion County Off Duty Officer, whoevery you were. :yesway:

ultraspec

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 5, 2010
    A guy that used to work at my pd' stopped off duty and in his personal car and assisted a motorist who slid off the road a few years back and was killed by another car slamming into him. Alot of cops will stop to help at accidents, etc. Ive done it a few times on accidents. I havent seen any old ladys or men broken down or I would stop to assist them as well.

eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Pity stories like this are almost NEVER considered "newsworthy" by the media types, but regardless, huge +1 to the LEO!!

Mr. Habib

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Somewhere else
    Pity stories like this are almost NEVER considered "newsworthy" by the media types, but regardless, huge +1 to the LEO!!
    BIG +1. The same is true here, also. If the OP had reported that the driver was being proned out on their hood, this thread would be 20+ pages by now.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    I saw the same incident, I think. Poor lady lost the whole wheel and the suv was resting on the front left hub :0 Plus 1 for sure to the deputy - that vehicle was in a pretty bad spot.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    John22
    Top Bottom