• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    Today I took a friend and his son to Red Brush to shoot a "few" of my Glocks and an AR. (See new avatar) He and his son shot 2 9mms, 2 .40s and 1 .45. After trying them all out with el cheapo then good defense ammo he pretty well decided on the G19. He loved the feel. I said it's easy to carry and even put it in an ankle holster and he couldn't believe how it hid.

He had called me some time ago and told me he was looking. He got his wife a Smith 642 with factory laser about a year ago and wanted something for himself. After shooting the Glocks he shot the Smith and readily agreed it was harder to handle the little wheel gun than the semi-autos. I said with the 19 you have more than 3 times the ammo and can reload 17 more rounds in seconds. His eyes really lit up.

I then let them both shoot a decked out AR 15 with NATO M193 ball. It really blew their minds. All my buddy could say with almost every shot was, "Wow", "Man". I think he'll be grabbing one of those in the next few months too.

Anyway in the past 4 weeks I took my nephew and now this guy and his son gun-testing. My nephew bought and this guy will too. There are two more friends that I'll be taking soon. I think they all understand they need to get something now because of the potential for a political disaster in the Fall. I'm proud to be able to "infect" all these people.:rockwoot:

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    sounds like an awesome time was had by all! :yesway:
    Almost. I had Carpal Tunnel surgery on my left hand 3 weeks ago and it is still a little tender. I had them load the mags themselves cause it's still kinda hard to rack the slides. I only shot 5 rounds of .40 from my G27 and 5 of .45 from the G30. That's like going to an ice cream party and getting a carrot to eat.:(

atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana
    :hehe:

I have a lifetime LTCH permit but I don't carry ( at this time). I have a few old hand guns I inherited from my dad after he passed away. I mostly just shoot my AR & SKS. My son has a Hi-point 9mm (inherited from my dad) I like to shoot also.

I did have a S&W 6904 back in my Navy days but sold it a long time ago when my kids were small.

I plan on getting a Sig P226 Navy, but thats a few months away.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    :hehe:

I have a lifetime LTCH permit but I don't carry ( at this time). I have a few old hand guns I inherited from my dad after he passed away. I mostly just shoot my AR & SKS. My son has a Hi-point 9mm (inherited from my dad) I like to shoot also.

I did have a S&W 6904 back in my Navy days but sold it a long time ago when my kids were small.

I plan on getting a Sig P226 Navy, but thats a few months away.
    Hey the sooner the better on a carry piece. There have been so many crazy shoot-em-ups in the news in the last couple months you're not even safe in the bathroom it seems.

superjoe76

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 21, 2011
    Allen County
    Were the Glocks the only pistols you have for them to shoot?

If so then I understand why.

If not, then in lawyer talk, it sounds like you were leading the witness. :D

Anyway, sounds like a good day at the range!

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    Were the Glocks the only pistols you have for them to shoot?

If so then I understand why.

If not, then in lawyer talk, it sounds like you were leading the witness. :D

Anyway, sounds like a good day at the range!
    I had a beautiful Kimber Ultra Carry II and an XD40 but I traded both for various Glocks. :D I have, however, advised both of my infectees so far to try to find someone with another kind of pistol to see what they might like. I don't think they can go wrong with Glock. If they don't like them later they have a great excuse to try something else.

I wasn't leading the witnesses. (I used to have one of them too.) It is more like a plea agreement in exchange for me providing the test guns and not charging them for the ammo.

Top Bottom