• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pjcalla

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Does anyone have any experience with The Lawn? Can you bring coolers, blankets, etc. into the venue like you can for the Concert on the Prairie at Connor Prairie? Or is it like Deer Creek? My first guess is no, but cannot find the venue rules on their website. Firearms? Thanks in advance.

philo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2010
    Peoples Republic of Bloomington
    Resurrecting this thread because I've never seen an answer to it. I know from the WRSP website that you can't bring in coolers, but how about your own chairs?

Also, Firearms??? I can't see that the venue is rented out to anybody for the concerts, they appear to be sponsored by the state park - so, good to go?

HDSilvrStreak

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Fishers
    Went to a show there last year. From that experience, no on the coolers and chairs (at least at the show we were at).

They have chairs set up in the VIP area, but you couldn't bring in your own.

Negative on firearms and knives as well. In fact, they were having everyone empty their pockets, hold the items out as you went through security. I had a Kel-Tec P3AT that I was CC in my hip pocket with an Uncle Mikes holster. Another couple drove and I did not want to have to borrow their keys to take it back to the car. After some observation however, I determined there was no way I could leave it in my hip pocket without being caught as they were frisking pretty aggressively. I wasn't sure what to do. As we were approaching the front of the line, I had my wife stand close to me, but in front. I removed the pistol. Since it was in a pocket holster it looks like a wallet anyway and nobody paid any attention, including the couple with us. I then tucked it in the front of my pants and we went through the line just fine. Once inside, I put it back in my hip pocket. After we were seated, my wife's friend leaned over and said "Good think you didn't have a gun". I just smiled and saw my wife lean in to tell her.

All in all, I got away with it, but it was close. I don't know if they are like that for all shows, but I would assume so. We were there to see Jackson Browne and David Lindley. They don't exactly draw a crazy aggressive type of crowd. YMMV.

Top Bottom