• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Some folks out there are always piping up to those of us who yearn for a free world to come up with a plan, (since they don't have one or want one). Well, L. Neil Smith has come up with a pretty good one. There's lots to like in it, but there's lots that is just going to anger certain segments of the populace. Oh, well. They're pretty satisfied with things the way they are anyway.

The Plan, by L. Neil Smith

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Wow...he used the US as a plural noun....off to read the rest.

He wants to pass a lot of rules to undo a lot of rules. Seems contradictory to me.

What exactly does he propose we do after the race war(s) that erupt when social welfare programs get scrubbed? Stand by and watch because they aren't "just?"

Last edited:

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Having read The Probability Broach and his subsequent novels long ago, nothing in this article surprises me. Unfortunately, many of his ideas run contrary to the existing thought processes of the vast majority of our society (and the rest of the world). Since these ideas haven't gained much traction since 1985, I don't expect that they will ever do so, unless, for some reason, our society is starting over...

jdhaines

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Toledo, OH
    I like it, on the whole. There are some parts that seem a bit strange, and I realize this would bring about new problems...but I think it is a step in the right direction.

Top Bottom