• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Received my box of goodies from Midway today. I have a batch of .223 brass in the tumbler right now that has been re-sized, and the primer pockets/flash holes have been uniformed. I should be testing my first batch this weekend or next. I will make sure to post a AAR.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I got my first set of brass re-sized and trimmed. I also got my seating die set. I seated a bullet in a case with no powder or primer. I then chambered and ejected the round three times. So far everything is working as it should.

Eric86

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2011
    Princeton, Indiana
    If you are working up different charges to find highest accuracy right now remember to make a few extra lower grain rounds to fire first to foul up the barrel.

Eric86

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2011
    Princeton, Indiana
    Friday seems like it will be pretty cool, says 53 as the high. Dont forget that when it gets warmer you will see higher pressures with the same loads than when its cold. So you shouldnt assume a "hot" load now will be safe at 95 degrees in the summer.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Friday seems like it will be pretty cool, says 53 as the high. Dont forget that when it gets warmer you will see higher pressures with the same loads than when its cold. So you shouldn't assume a "hot" load now will be safe at 95 degrees in the summer.

I loaded a minimum charge for this batch.

msd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    Princeton
    Best thing to do, load to the minimums and work your way up. Even better to document your findings each time, in case somethings forgotten, you can go back and look.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Best thing to do, load to the minimums and work your way up. Even better to document your findings each time, in case somethings forgotten, you can go back and look.

I have a word document set up to log the info for all my batches. I'm a little on the anul retentive side :).

msd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    Princeton
    I have a word document set up to log the info for all my batches. I'm a little on the anul retentive side :).

theres nothing wrong with being like that. there's times on certain loads, certain calibers I'm like that. then theres others I'm not and thats when I kick myself for not being.

I've got a document on my comp you might enjoy having. It's for documenting load data ect. If you'd like to have a copy of it, pm your email to me and I'll send it out to you.
    I've used it & made copies of it to keep in a notebook on loads I've found to work best thru certain guns.

Top Bottom