• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Faine

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 2, 2012
    Indy (South Side)
    I'm looking into picking up a new pistol to carry. I typically open carry but want something a little smaller than my sig 1911. I definitely want a gun that shoots the 45acp round. It needs to be dao/Sao or dak action, and since I am wanting a smaller gun probably a carry or compact model. I'm trying to avoid sub-compact though, too small for my hands. So far I've found the following but would appreciate any feedback or suggestions on these or other options thateet the criteria.

Sign p220
    USP
    Springfield XD
    Glock 30

Thanks to you all in advance for any help you provide.
    Sorry for grammatical errors, I did this on my phone.

Steve

Master
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Take a look at the Kahr CW45. Small, but not to small, light, and easy to carry. Priced right, too. Saw one on the board here for sale not to long ago (about 1-2 weeks ago).

Last edited:

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I'm looking into picking up a new pistol to carry. I typically open carry but want something a little smaller than my sig 1911. I definitely want a gun that shoots the 45acp round. It needs to be dao/Sao or dak action, and since I am wanting a smaller gun probably a carry or compact model. I'm trying to avoid sub-compact though, too small for my hands. So far I've found the following but would appreciate any feedback or suggestions on these or other options thateet the criteria.

Sign p220
    USP
    Springfield XD
    Glock 30

Thanks to you all in advance for any help you provide.
    Sorry for grammatical errors, I did this on my phone.

Here is a good option:

109108_01_md.jpg

They also have a model with NO thumb safety if you prefer.

Juday

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 12, 2011
    The SIG P220 is not smaller than the SIG 1911. I own both the 1911 TacOps and the P220R and the grip on the P220 is much wider in comparison.

What do you mean you want something a "little smaller" than the 1911? Smaller frame? Smaller barrel length? Both? Just trying to get a better understanding of what you're looking for.

I know they make the P220 in a "compact" version, if that at all interests you.

P220R Compact

They also make a "carry" version with a full sized frame and a smaller length barrel.

http://www.sigsauer.com/CatalogProductDetails/p220-carry.aspx

Have you checked out the Sig 1911 C3? That's my personal carry firearm.

Faine

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 2, 2012
    Indy (South Side)
    The SIG P220 is not smaller than the SIG 1911. I own both the 1911 TacOps and the P220R and the grip on the P220 is much wider in comparison.

What do you mean you want something a "little smaller" than the 1911? Smaller frame? Smaller barrel length? Both? Just trying to get a better understanding of what you're looking for.

In all of the listed choices I was referring to their carry and/or compact versions, just not subcompact. (exception being the Glock)

Have you checked out the Sig 1911 C3? That's my personal carry firearm.

I have not checked out the Sig 1911 C3, but I will tonight when I get home.

Last edited:

remman

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2009
    Greenfield
    I second the M&P compact. With the pinky extension on the magazine, it fits just like a full size but is considerably smaller.

Faine

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 2, 2012
    Indy (South Side)
    Very cool

I overlooked the SW M&P. I checked it out on their website, looks like the specs all fall in the range of what I'm looking for. Ran through the youtube and some other sites looking at reviews and comparisons on it to various other pistols and all good reviews. Makes me wonder what else I might have over looked. Keep pushing the feedback I really appreciate it and it's leading me to different avenues that will help me with research in the future. :D

RBrianHarless

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2011
    Kokomo
    I really love my Glock 30SF. Eleven rounds of .45 ACP and fourteen if I use a compatible G21SF magazine. Less percieved recoil than my .40 Cal. Glocks. I use a Crossbreed Supertuck Deluxe and have the best of both worlds in concealability and power of a .45 ACP. :rockwoot:

Top Bottom