• Status
    Not open for further replies.

cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    lol! can't figure a good name for this template, but i kinda like the ring to Stealth Flamingo!!! hahahhaa.

usually i make this one in a strictly utilitarian grind. full flat with some basic scales for a great little user knife. blade comes in at 4.5". this one obviously NOT that type of knife! i really like the way it came out. my first true compound grind. its chisel ground, so the other side is flat. sharp as all get out though!!! part of the reason i usually just use thin stock! it just cuts so much better!

the other is the finished angry mariner. love this model!

thanks!
    joe

cfcompound.jpg

amorange.jpg

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    Yeah..........no. Stealth Flamingo sounds like an underground gay bar in Miami. With pink scales, yes, you can call it that.

The front half of that blade reminds me of the blade on my Toollogic SL3 and the back half kind of like my newest favorite "working" blade. I can see it as a multipurpose knife.

Love the mariner, what is the scoop on that knife and how much?

They both look good!

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI

cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    Yeah..........no. Stealth Flamingo sounds like an underground gay bar in Miami. With pink scales, yes, you can call it that.

The front half of that blade reminds me of the blade on my Toollogic SL3 and the back half kind of like my newest favorite "working" blade. I can see it as a multipurpose knife.

Love the mariner, what is the scoop on that knife and how much?

They both look good!

the Angry Mariner was really my first design ever. i have told the story here, before, i'll have to find the thread. that one just sold for $85, plus shipping, in my "economy Still Stinks" pricing. i have given away about 3 times as many of those as i have sold! LOL!

releo 37

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    I went to the want ads after I psoted and saw that I was a little slow on the keyboard. slimplmbr if you got it you got a nice score from Joe. I have gotten two knives from him and they became gifts to good friends but that one I would have keep for myself

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    the Angry Mariner was really my first design ever. i have told the story here, before, i'll have to find the thread. that one just sold for $85, plus shipping, in my "economy Still Stinks" pricing. i have given away about 3 times as many of those as i have sold! LOL!
    So you had a need, no reliable source, pursued it, made a bunch of them and gave most away but developed your skills in doing so. Very Americana in the making in my mind.

For 3 "free" knives I would be willing to give you some "free" business consulting advice. Oh what the heck lets make it one knife since the economy sucks.

Stop giving the knives away. PM me for my mailing address.

From a marketing perspective sometimes you can start with a name and build a product to fit it. Angry Anaconda has a certain ring to it! Then you just expand your entire angry line. It may sound silly but you have already "carved" out a niche with Angry Mariner.

LPPOsecurity

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 19, 2010
    NWI
    I actually got the top one, waitin for it now, it was a great lookin knife and the price was good, still waitin for a final decision on the name though

releo 37

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    LPPOsecurity. I went by cubby's the other day and got to look at your knife. It looks better than the pic. Cubby really did a great job on that one. I started talking cubby into making another one with a tad longer blade.

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    Although I appreciate Cubby's work as well as the information and experience he brings to the forum through his experience as a knifemaker, this discussion is borderline skirting our advertising guidelines and unfair to our paying advertisers.

Thank you for your understanding. Please feel free to PM me with any questions.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom