• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TRWXXA

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2008
    Regardless of why you might have to hide your guns, if you really do have to hide them, then it's past the time when they should have been used.
    Now you're thinking like the authors of the United States Constitution. :thumbsup:

The 2nd Amendment is about opposition to a tyranical government -- the kind of government that would deny a citizen liberty and property, without due process.

Once government takes all the citizens' guns, then they can take their cars, their food, their clothing...

Oh, wait. They did that too!

Last edited:

hunter480

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Coatesville, In.
    I wouldn't want to deal with insurance companies when it comes to my firearms. They try to low-ball you on the things that you insured through them. Every experience I have had with any insurance company has been that. They have to make money somehow. I work in healthcare and insurance companies are disgusting.

Past that. How about not letting someone take your guns unconsitutionally? Am I being too radical here?

We cannot depend on gov't to protect us. That is evident.

We cannot depend on the NRA to fight for our rights, they were not there in the video. They did not get the citizens their firearms back, they merely reported the story.

I`m not sure what exactly you expect NRA to have done. NRA was involved in drafting legislation that has been enacted in several states, prohibiting the confiscation of lawfully owned weapons in future crisis, but they could in no way be involved in overseeing the return of weapons to their owners.

In one sense I`m with you, I wish NRA was a little more radical than we are today-more like we were many years ago, when the famous, "jack-booted thugs" letter caused the first Bush to withdrawl his membership-and good riddance to him. But still, even if not as radical as I`d like, NRA is still on the forefront of protecting our Second Amendment rights.

There are other organizations as well-for instance Gun Owners of America, (GOA), and Jews For the Preservation of Firearms Ownership, (JPFO), and they are good gun rights orgs as well. But it`s unfair to blame NRA for the dirty tactics of Government.

in812

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    "if you don't stand for something you will fall for everything"

makes me wonder why no one stood up and refused to give up arms and fought to death for them !

just curious with all the tax we pay to "our government" what was the tax on the tea that started it all ? I'll bet it's a whole lot less that what we are being gouged now for our so called freedom !!!!!

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    I`m not sure what exactly you expect NRA to have done. NRA was involved in drafting legislation that has been enacted in several states, prohibiting the confiscation of lawfully owned weapons in future crisis, but they could in no way be involved in overseeing the return of weapons to their owners.

In one sense I`m with you, I wish NRA was a little more radical than we are today-more like we were many years ago, when the famous, "jack-booted thugs" letter caused the first Bush to withdrawl his membership-and good riddance to him. But still, even if not as radical as I`d like, NRA is still on the forefront of protecting our Second Amendment rights.

There are other organizations as well-for instance Gun Owners of America, (GOA), and Jews For the Preservation of Firearms Ownership, (JPFO), and they are good gun rights orgs as well. But it`s unfair to blame NRA for the dirty tactics of Government.

I think this would have been an opportunity for the NRA to send lawyers and stand up for gun owners. Not simply relay the message. They have the capital, power, and lawyers to do so. The everyday gun owner doesn't have those resources to fight the government. Enviromental agencies do it for trees that can't defend themselves, why not the NRA?

If this is really the forefront for protecting our rights then I am scared. I feel they are the situation of picking the lesser of two evils. I am a bit radical when it comes to gun control and I want to see someone in a position of power to stand up as well.

In no way did I intend to attack the NRA for the dirty tactics of the Governement. I just wish that something would have been done here. Instead, we now have former gun owners.

TraderJack

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2008
    makes me wonder why no one stood up and refused to give up arms and fought to death for them !
    You have to understand that most of the folks that live in that part of NO were mostly very poor and old. The city has been such a corrupt place for generations, I guess there wasn't much fight in them?

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    I think this is a good question for every gun owner to ask themselves. Are they willing to stand up to the government by every means necesscary?

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Deadman's Hollow
    I think that is one of the things that gets me so mad. Most are so scared to have what they have taken away, but most are unwilling to pay the ultimate price. It's the kind thinking of keep as much as I can, for as long as I can possibly, without rocking the boat.

Standing up as we should come the time, would involve putting everything on the line, including your life and your family (Ruby Ridge anyone?). I just don't think many nowdays are willing to risk it all. Save for a few I know that most call "a little off". :)

hunter480

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Coatesville, In.
    I think that is one of the things that gets me so mad. Most are so scared to have what they have taken away, but most are unwilling to pay the ultimate price. It's the kind thinking of keep as much as I can, for as long as I can possibly, without rocking the boat.

Standing up as we should come the time, would involve putting everything on the line, including your life and your family (Ruby Ridge anyone?). I just don't think many nowdays are willing to risk it all. Save for a few I know that most call "a little off". :)

My name is Greg Russell, I live in Putnam County, and I will state, that should ANY Government Agency, EVER come to my door, demanding my weapons, it will be a BAD day for all involved.

I`m NOT afraid of any Government people reading this, as this was exactly the reason the Founding Fathers put the Second Amendment in place anyway.

I have no plans, nor want, to overthrow this Government, but WILL, defend myself and my home against ANY Government intrusion that threatens my lawful ownership, and use of firearms.

That speak to stepping out, enough for ya?

Scam1789

Long time Member mostly lurking.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 11, 2008
    Pittsboro
    That is terrifying that this could happen on US Soil. I am amazed no one didn't act out and end up shooting someone.

in812

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    well if they did the liberal press and the gov would have swept it under the rug so fast or made them out to be a terrorist

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    That is what I am concerned about. I can see it now.

"This just in. Gun nut shoots cops. Tell me Jim, is there an underground movement to overthrow the U.S. government?"

Top Bottom