There a market for used guns w/ milled slides?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    More pacifically - is there a market for a used Extremely Popular make/model of pistol that's had the slide milled for a MRDS - but the MRDS wouldn't be sold with the pistol?

I suppose, like anything, there's a market for everything if the price is right...

G192127

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 19, 2018
    Shelbyville
    Can't answer your question directly, but my cut job was 85$ and 6 was wait time. So if someone needs one Stat you maybe have a edge on a buyer.

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    So long as the slide has been milled for a popular optic footprint (RMR, Shield & DPP), I think there is definitely a market. Even more so if you sell the optic with the gun. Also, so long as the gun has been milled for an optic platform that is right for the gun size. Example....a G48 milled for a Shield footprint, not an RMR footprint. YKWIM?

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    For some guns, you can replace the sight with a filler plate if you want to sell the gun without the sight. AllenM milled my G23 for an RMR but I've since moved that RMR to a different gun. I picked up a nice RMR filler plate off of Amazon that let's me run the gun with irons now. I think that the plate was less than $20

Selling a gun with the red dot attached either inflates the price out of many budgets or loses money spent on the red dot. The plate is a nice option in that it keeps the gun cheaper but offers the new buyer the option of running a red dot if they want.

Top Bottom