• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Skip Schippers

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2024
    Fort Wayne
    Been thinking about next month fishing I have two boats and a lot of times no one to hang out with me fishing being new to Fort Wayne I primarily travel back to Michigan for walleye but I really want to try for musky this year on Webster or loon lakes

Attachments

• IMG_2076.jpeg
      IMG_2076.jpeg
      736.7 KB · Views: 7
    • IMG_0509.jpeg
      IMG_0509.jpeg
      733.4 KB · Views: 6
    • IMG_2011.jpeg
      IMG_2011.jpeg
      509 KB · Views: 7
    • IMG_1965.jpeg
      IMG_1965.jpeg
      508.1 KB · Views: 7
    • IMG_1741.jpeg
      IMG_1741.jpeg
      543.9 KB · Views: 7
    • IMG_1747.jpeg
      IMG_1747.jpeg
      517.3 KB · Views: 5
    • IMG_0050.jpeg
      IMG_0050.jpeg
      454.4 KB · Views: 5
    • IMG_1803.jpeg
      IMG_1803.jpeg
      517.1 KB · Views: 5
    • IMG_0111.jpeg
      IMG_0111.jpeg
      399.9 KB · Views: 6

Michigan Slim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    Webster is great musky water. Loon almost as good. Tippecanoe is coming on too. Crappies in most lakes. Good perch in quite a few. I like Wawasee for both. Sylvan has walleye, among others.

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    Some of the guys on my Facebook fishing page have been doing well fishing the spillway at Kokomo reservoir. The res will have to thrmal cycle before it gets better. That drought last year hurt things big time and I had hoped for a DNR fish replenishment but those wiseacres will probably lie and say they don't have the funds. Shysters!

Skip Schippers

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2024
    Fort Wayne
    Some of the guys on my Facebook fishing page have been doing well fishing the spillway at Kokomo reservoir. The res will have to thrmal cycle before it gets better. That drought last year hurt things big time and I had hoped for a DNR fish replenishment but those wiseacres will probably lie and say they don't have the funds. Shysters!
    Kokomo is a little far for me thanks for the info if I travel I would go back to Michigan

Michigan Slim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    Kokomo is a little far for me thanks for the info if I travel I would go back to Michigan
    They were hitting the headwaters of Hardy Pond when I was up last. Used to go to Muskegon Lake for perch and walleye. Big lake for salmon. Streams for trout. Spring Lake for gills, bass and pike.

Skip Schippers

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2024
    Fort Wayne
    They were hitting the headwaters of Hardy Pond when I was up last. Used to go to Muskegon Lake for perch and walleye. Big lake for salmon. Streams for trout. Spring Lake for gills, bass and pike.
    I used to go to Muskegon River every fall for the salmon run it’s been 10-12 years since I went I miss it

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Easier to fish in a boat.
    Been there. Tried it lol if I had to fish to survive I would die, and it is beyond frustrating. I have two kids that really want to fish and I try to get them on fish but I just can’t fricken do it.

one thing I do find funny is the guys in boats all come cast to the shore… and guys on shore try to cast where the boats are.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I'm hoping to get my kayak in the water this year since I never managed to last year.

My son was fishing a tournament over the weekend and his boat partner caught a new lake record during the tourney at 13.39lbs. Absolute chunk.

Good luck to everyone this season. I'd love to find some crappie close to stock the freezer.

Skip Schippers

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2024
    Fort Wayne
    I'm hoping to get my kayak in the water this year since I never managed to last year.

My son was fishing a tournament over the weekend and his boat partner caught a new lake record during the tourney at 13.39lbs. Absolute chunk.

Good luck to everyone this season. I'd love to find some crappie close to stock the freezer.
    Wow 13 pounds that is huge

TheGrumpyGuy

Get off my lawn!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 12, 2020
    SE Indy
    ….. I am the worst fisherman ever. No idea what I am doing was taught with a bobber sinker and worm.. lol and that just isn’t working for me.
    Maybe try adding a hook to that list... :stickpoke:

On a more serious note, I have a huge tackle box full of all different kinds of lures, but it seems the only thing I ever seem to be able to catch anything with is a Worden's 1/4 ounce yellow roostertail :dunno:

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Youtube can be a phenomenal resource.
    You would think. I taught myself to hunt using YouTube (dmfd & thp) lol and I watch fishermen on YouTube….. I guess I just can’t find the right channel that entertains me enough to watch and still has valuable information.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    You would think. I taught myself to hunt using YouTube (dmfd & thp) lol and I watch fishermen on YouTube….. I guess I just can’t find the right channel that entertains me enough to watch and still has valuable information.
    There's valuable info scattered amongst a lot of entertainment with this dude lol. I can't watch him long but the guy knows how to catch fish.

Top Bottom