• ...and so much more!
  • amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    Shot my third IDPA Saturday. This one at Wildcat Valley. What I learned:

Very nice club. 100 and 300 yard rifle range. Pistol range - multiple bays. Trap range. Skeet Range.

Nice people and well run shoot.

It can be really cold in May in Indiana.

This game gets to be more fun when you begin to understand the rules and the strategy.

It could get to be more fun if you can become an accomplished pistol shooter. ( Not there yet by far )

And last. . . . . remember to load your magazines after shooting the prior stage. Starting out with only three rounds in a magazine and five rounds in the second magazine on a stage that requires 12 rounds is not a good thing. :( :xmad: :ugh:

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    I was there also and it is a great club, one of my two favorites with ACC being the other one. Dont worry no matter how long you have been shooting every now and then you will have a brain freeze and do something dumb. No one actually understands the rules and there will be a new rule book out probably this fall. Just keep shooting and what will make it more and more fun will be the friendships made along the way. Jim.

T4rdV4rk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    May 1, 2012
    NWI
    If you like ACC you should go shoot at New Buffalo Gun and Rod. I know it's up north here, but the stages are a blast.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    . . . . . remember to load your magazines after shooting the prior stage. Starting out with only three rounds in a magazine and five rounds in the second magazine on a stage that requires 12 rounds is not a good thing.

You need to establish a routine to follow on each stage. Everyone has their own routine, but make sure your gear is squared away before your turn on the line.

Just an example:
    I load my mags the night before, making sure they all have 10 in them.
    When I get to the range and "gear up," I put a barney round in my first mag and put it in my front pocket or cargo pocket. spare mags go on the belt. Once I'm done shooting a stage, I take all ammo off, unload those mags completely, and again count out 10 rounds and reload the mags. If I can't get to them right away to reload, empty/partial mags go in my bullet box, and I grab additional pre-loaded spare mags.

It's especially important if you have other distractions, eg running the timer, scoring, etc.

I once had to give a guy a procedural two stages in a row at a state match... he got confused about which mag was his "barney" mag, he started one stage w/o being fully loaded, and reloaded to a mag w/ 11 in it on the next stage!

-rvb

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    And last. . . . . remember to load your magazines after shooting the prior stage. Starting out with only three rounds in a magazine and five rounds in the second magazine on a stage that requires 12 rounds is not a good thing. :( :xmad: :ugh:

I do not put empty or partially loaded magazines back into my mag pouches. Unless they are loaded to whatever is the maximum capacity, they go in a pocket or somewhere else that is not the mag pouch. That way you won't forget and have empty mags when you start a stage or worse when you leave the house!

I noticed you buddy. Jim.

I noticed you too, Rhino! But you were blue instead of purple!

It's good to be noticed!

It was a fun match! I actually like shooting while retreating (or moving in any direction).

averycustom

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    Great match. After years of procrastination I finally got out to WVRPC. Hopefully see you all 1 June.

Regards,

Mark

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    Scores have been sent out by e-mail and are posted on the club website. Best I have shot for some time and my first match of the year. Jim.

Top Bottom