• ...and so much more!
  • Stimp

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Decatur, IN
    Hi there,
    I'm interested in having my marlin 1894 threaded. Does anybody have any advice or experience with this? There is some barrel length past the feed tube and front sight to thread but unsure if there is enough room without cutting down the feed tube or alerting the front sight.
    Any suggestions or smiths able to do this in North east Indiana?
    Thank you.

jjtroy912

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 8, 2013
    Ft. W
    I hunt with that rifle and never once thought it could use a muzzle device. Now I'm wondering, does mine need a muzzle device? Are you trying to suppress, compensate, or brake? Just curious, sorry I can't offer any help.

Stimp

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Decatur, IN
    I hunt with that rifle and never once thought it could use a muzzle device. Now I'm wondering, does mine need a muzzle device? Are you trying to suppress, compensate, or brake? Just curious, sorry I can't offer any help.

Suppress would be the objective of threading the barrel. I am entering the NFA realm and my first suppressor purchase (pending stamp) is a Silencerco Hybrid which will readily suppress the 44mag and would seem to make deer hunting a bit more pleasant on the ears if it can be threaded without too much altering.

10mmfan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 24, 2013
    I have the same rifle so i will be following your thread because a suppressed lever gun would be way cool.

bobjones223

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Noblesville, IN
    Suppress would be the objective of threading the barrel. I am entering the NFA realm and my first suppressor purchase (pending stamp) is a Silencerco Hybrid which will readily suppress the 44mag and would seem to make deer hunting a bit more pleasant on the ears if it can be threaded without too much altering.

I may be wrong but last time I checked suppressors are a NO NO for deer hunting unless something has changed?

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    IC 14-22-6-11 is repealed. This means that silencers/suppressors can be used to take wild
    animals without a permit/special authorization from DNR. Anyone who is legally hunting wild
    animals can now use a silencer. Keep in mind that federal approval is needed to use a silencer
    and it would be a Class B misdemeanor to hunt on private land without consent from the
    landowner or tenant and use or possess a silencer/suppressor (see changes in IC 14-22-38-4.5
    in this bill).

55fairlane

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 15, 2016
    New Haven
    I have a lathe and I know a bunch of master machinists, if you can knock out the barrel I will point you to a whole slew of guys in our area

Aaron

Stimp

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Decatur, IN
    As a few of you have mentioned I do think this would make for a neat rig. I will most definitely post pics when the time comes if all works out.
    I have seen in pictures/video the 1894 in 45-70 threaded and suppressed so I assume it can be down but not sure to what extent it will entail.

Stimp

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Decatur, IN
    I have a lathe and I know a bunch of master machinists, if you can knock out the barrel I will point you to a whole slew of guys in our area

Aaron

I am fairly handy but have yet to remove a barrel from action assembly. I do not have the headspace tools either to properly replace when completed. I would be glad to help with the process but I think best to find someone with the savvy and tools to handle this properly.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    I don't know if you found anyone to thread it yet, or how far you want to drive, but give John a call -
    John Strang 574-250-9509 tactical component
    6680 sr331 south. Bremen IN 46506

bobjones223

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Noblesville, IN
    IC 14-22-6-11 is repealed. This means that silencers/suppressors can be used to take wild
    animals without a permit/special authorization from DNR. Anyone who is legally hunting wild
    animals can now use a silencer. Keep in mind that federal approval is needed to use a silencer
    and it would be a Class B misdemeanor to hunt on private land without consent from the
    landowner or tenant and use or possess a silencer/suppressor (see changes in IC 14-22-38-4.5
    in this bill).

Ok.....I just can't keep up with all the paper that gets puked out by our government. Thanks for the info and I agree a suppressed 44 mag. would be awesome for deer. Although it does make me a little sad though....you know every time you hear a bell ring an angel get its wings. After pulling off the ported 44 mag I liked to think they were just handing them out like Opera and cars for 30 minutes straight. "You get your wings, you get your wings, you get your wings, you ALLLLLL get your wings."

Last edited:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Seyboldbryan
    Top Bottom