• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    OK, so I've never even tried to make something as beautiful as those knives and sheaths are... I just don't have the talent that Lagrange so obviously does. How long does it take to make such beauty??? Having never even seen it done, I literally cannot imagine how long such attention to detail would take!

Btw, excellent work, Lagrange!!! :yesway:

Lagrange

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Lagrange, IN.
    OK, so I've never even tried to make something as beautiful as those knives and sheaths are... I just don't have the talent that Lagrange so obviously does. How long does it take to make such beauty??? Having never even seen it done, I literally cannot imagine how long such attention to detail would take!

Btw, excellent work, Lagrange!!! :yesway:

Thanks for your kindness.
    I love making knives and sheathes. Those knives and sheathes took me about 80 or so hours to make. Some of that time is just waitiing. I have to wait while the knives were in the heat treat oven, and while they went through the temper cycles. Then waiting on the tongue oil to dry on the handles between coats.
    On the sheathes I had to wait while the leather cement dryed or the stain dryed.
    But there are a lot of steps involved in doing this and the actual time it took...I really dont know.
    From the time I decided to do this project to the time it was completed was approximately 2 months give or take a few days.

Again, thanks, it means a lot to me.
    Eric

eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Those knives and sheathes took me about 80 or so hours to make.
    But there are a lot of steps involved in doing this and the actual time it took...I really dont know.
    From the time I decided to do this project to the time it was completed was approximately 2 months give or take a few days.

All I can think of to say is WOW!! I know I don't have anything close to the skills and talent needed, and I'm pretty sure that I wouldn't have the patience to make knives and sheathes like that, either. I can only sit back in wonder and admire such awesome work and those who can make it happen.

:bowdown:

Lagrange

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Lagrange, IN.
    All I can think of to say is WOW!! I know I don't have anything close to the skills and talent needed, and I'm pretty sure that I wouldn't have the patience to make knives and sheathes like that, either. I can only sit back in wonder and admire such awesome work and those who can make it happen.

:bowdown:

I do quite a few things well, but there are many out there that are better. I would guess that there is something that you do that I can not. But thank you for your kindness!

Top Bottom