• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    139   0   0
    Sep 3, 2010
    This is going to be long, but I want the full record to be available should other google this company.
    This has been ongoing since roughly mid October but I was waiting for resolution to give Mississippi Auto Arms a fair shake, but believe I have come to that point without satisfactory results.
    Bold text was done just for this post to highlight relevant portions.
    ---------------

10/09/12: Ordered 2 VEPR 12 Shotguns on Pre-Order to be shipped with a bonus 10 round SGM magazine per shotgun, from Mississippi Auto Arms.

10/19/12: Order shipped to FFL dealer.

10/23/12: Pick up VEPR's from Dealer. Shotguns have canted rails and only 1 5 round factor magazine each. I do not notice the rails immediately.

10/23/12: Email to MAA:
    Hello,
    I received my 2 VEPR 12's today, and they look great! I only found a 5 round magazine with each though, and was under the impression I should have 2x10 rounders as well (total, 1 per that is) for doing the pre-order. Are those shipping separately, or was I mistaken?
    10/23/12: Reply from MAA (same day)
    The magazines were suppose to be here with the guns by the end of
    October or early November. The guns arrived first so we shipped them
    out as soon as we could. We will send the magazines directly to your
    house in about 2 weeks
    unless you want them to go to another address.
    Thanks,
    Nathan
    (Nathan is the owner of the company, I later found out).

10/29/12: Email to MAA regarding rail (No response)
    I am sure by now you have heard of this issue from other customers as I know of other cases, but both of the VEPR 12 shotguns I received have canted rails on the dust cover. It appears the sights are correct and the dust cover is mounted and lined up correctly, but there is notable difference in alignment between the top of the rail and the horizontal plane of the rear sight. For a shotgun of this price it seems like an unacceptable problem to be universal from the factory, and I'm guessing you are all in communication with Molot as well.
    Please advise what can be done about this.
    11/15/12: Email to MAA regarding rail and mags, well past 2 week date (No response)
    Helllo, I have called twice and emailed twice, and am just looking for an update on the status two things.
    I am expecting 2 10-round magazines, and am waiting on word about fixing the canted rail that came on my VEPR 12's.
    02/27/13: Email to MAA
    Hello,

I am still waiting on (2) 10 round magazines for my VEPR 12's that I purchased. I am looking of an update on when those will arrive/be shipped.
    02/28/13: Reply from MAA
    We've begun receiving small shipments and they are shipping. Hopefully this shipments will continue and we'll be able to get all orders filled.

Charles
    I receive an addition reply from MAA through Fedex that my package will be shipped on March 5th. The fact that it had been this long, and further reading on the internet, indicates that they had the magazines prior to this and were simply not fulfilling their pre order obligations, but rather selling the magazines outright. The stock on their website listed 179 in stock at this point.

3/4/13: Email from Fedex
    Lists the shipping weight at 2 lbs in my email, but following the tracking information to Fedex's website lists the weight at .7 lbs. Additionally, I notice a little late that the package is being shipped to my FFL dealer rather than to my house.

3/4/13: Email to MAA
    Thank you for the shipment. I just checked it though and it says it is bound for Anderson, IN, and I live in *******, IN.

I am not sure where you sent that to.
    The correct address is

I will wait to see if that is just a FedEx labelling error or some such thing.
    3/5/13: Reply from MAA
    We actually mistakenly shipped the magazines to the dealer that the Vepr was shipped to. You can either contact them and have them reject the package, it comes back to us and we ship it to the correct address OR you can pick them up from there. Please let us know if you have any questions.
    At this point I was (and still am) waiting for the magazines to make the VEPR a useful tool for my job, and sought the faster route.
    On 3/6/12 I respond via email and state that "I can most likely pick them up from him [my ffl dealer]".

3/9/13: Fedex Tracking Update
    Shipping weight listed at .8 lbs in the email, and when follow the tracking number to fedex's website, listed at .7 lbs.

3/11/13: Phone call to MAA
    My FFL contacted me to inform me that I had received a package containing only a single magazine, and no paperwork whatsoever. It had my name and his address on it.
    Unfortunately I switched to phone conversations at this point out of frustration, but spend some time that day on the phone with Charlie from MAA (different from Charles listed above).
    He informed me that he had never received my emails from 10/29/12 and 11/15/12 asking for updates on the magazines. I forwarded both emails to him again, and he said he failed to receive them. I then sent a test email, which he received immediately while we spoke on the phone. Roughly 10 minutes later (we stayed on the phone) he informed me that he had received the other two emails.
    He further advised that I needed to talk to my Dealer again, and that he would check their record. Via email that day he informed me (forwarding from another party whom I believe was Nathan) that I need to submit a copy of my invoice, which my dealer did not have. He then sent me a copy of his invoice and a no arguments brooked statement that 2 mags were sent. Emails below:
    3/11/13: Reply from MAA @ 10:58 AM
    Advised customer to contact importer regarding problem with rail. Also advised customer to have his FFL send over a copy of the invoice to verify only one mag sent out.
    3/12/13: Email to MAA @ 10:44 AM
    I contacted the FFL holder. He said there was no invoice, just the magazine in a brown bubble mailer. He only knew the sender from the return address.

Will you please check your invoice records to verify that you only sent one magazine.
    3/12/13: Reply from MAA @ 11:03 AM
    Two magazines were shipped to the dealer. If an item is not in stock our staff will make a note on the invoice showing that an item will ship in a second box. There should have been no reason for such a note since we have the mags in stock, but that's what I was looking for. Attached is a copy of the invoice that went to your dealer with the two magazines shipped to him. The invoice would either be inside the box or behind the shipping label.
    I forwarded the email and the Invoice to my FFL Dealer who calls me on the phone shortly. He is somewhat upset at the implied accusation, and advised that I check the shipping weight.
    3/12/13: Email to MAA @ 12:55 PM
    The FFL holder is adamant that there was one magazine in a cardboard padded envelope mailer from Fedex with no invoice.

I realized I had no way to disprove either party, but he advised me to check the shipping weight.
    The Fedex email lists the weight at .80 lbs (see below) and the actual Fedex shipping label on their website lists the weight at .7 lbs (Follow the tracking number link) and your own website lists the shipping weight for a single Magazine at 1 lb. There is no way there were two magazines shipped to me at .70 or .80 lbs.

Please advise.
    Additionally, during the call, Charlie was very rude. I was annoyed but under control, but when he stated that he had not heard anything of this problem of a canted rail from anyone else I informed him that I had seen it written about online, nearly only from weapons from MAA so I found that surprising. He responded heatedly and sarcastically that, "So, what, you think we called the distributor and requested only shotguns with canted rails?". I attempted to convey that I was wondering because I did not want to simply call a distributor and expect them to take me at my word that I had purchased the shotgun and they should honor some warranty when they had no record of me, but Charlie informed me that they would not call and I should be fine with just my MAA order number. That was an extremely frustrating conversation in which I, the customer who had 2 legitimate complaints, was the calmer party. He Later emailed me contact information for the Distributor.

At this point lines of communication go dead.
    3/~13/13: Call to MAA
    3/~14/13: Call to MAA
    I call twice more and both times am told that Charlie is very busy but will call me back. I request that I be called as soon as possible but do not receive a call.

3/18/13: Call to MAA
    I call again and am told that I will need to speak with Nathan, the owner, but that he is out until Wednesday and will likely not be available until Thursday the 21st.

3/21/13: Call to MAA
    3/22/13: Call to MAA
    I call and am told that Nathan is back from his vacation/trip but is out of the office. Both times I request a call back and receive none. During my call on 3/22/13 the woman I was speaking with whose name I unfortunately did not get agreed that it seemed they owed me a magazine and added a note in there that it be shipped ASAP (again owing to my desire to use this as a duty weapon).

3/27/13: Call to MAA
    With no response via email, call, or fedex email I called again today. A woman answered and said she would look for Charlie or Nathan for me. I was on hold for approximately 10 minutes.
    Charles (not Charlie) returned to the line to inform me that I needed to contact my FFL Dealer about the item. He stated that he had video recordings of the packages being packed that he had just been reviewing, and that my weights from my labels were initial estimates that all packages receive and that the final, confirmed shipping weight of my package from Fedex was 2.5 lbs. I asked him to forward me this and he said he would. I have not received it in the last hour since we spoke.
    He further advised me that my only recourse was to file a police report and have my Dealer arrested because he must have stolen it, unless perhaps a fedex employee stole it an altered the shipping weight labels, or keyed it in incorrectly. He also stated that they had had customers try to claim this before to get free magazines.
    Multiple times he stated that he would not discuss it any further and attempted to hang up the phone. Charles stated that he had documents that reflected they had sent the items to the correct address (as my contention was that in addition to being wrong, this would not have been an issue if it had not been sent to the wrong address.) I suspect he is referring to my email acknowledging that I would pick it up from my FFL as I never otherwise implied or expressed that I wished it to be send anywhere but my home, and in fact have the email from Nathan stating it would be send to my house (unspecified address in the email above.)

I currently have only the 1 - 10 round magazine and no apparent recourse besides filing suit over a 32 dollar magazine to attempt to view all of their documents and supposed film recordings.

I have never had an Issue with my FFL (Target Faul Arms out of Anderson, IN. Home based FFL). Charles suggested that he had fallen on hard times, which I feel is nonsense as he has a ton of stock in his home and sells what appears to be very large amounts of items at each 1500.
    Additionally, to defend my FFL, he charges a $10 transfer that he says will never change, and did not price gouge during the craze. Anyone that dealt with Victor Faulstich at the 1500 will be able to attest to this.

-----------------------------

That was extremely long, and if you read the entire thing I appreciate it. If you have advice that is very welcome, but otherwise I hope this at least serves as a warning for future customers of MAA. If you google them, you should also find other complains where they had the SGM 10 round magazines for sale but had not fulfilled their preorders until customers specifically requested them, and complaints of Canted rails on their VEPR 12's.

I will update if/when I receive their Fedex shipping proof and if/when I contact Fedex.

Rating - 100%
    139   0   0
    Sep 3, 2010
    I don't actually know how to do either of those things. I may pursue them and google how to do it but I will wait on the Fedex paperwork for a little while first.

vitamink

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    That's nauseating. I feel bad for you. I've never dealt with MAA, only their direct competitor Atlantic. I know the mag deal was screwed up from the start as SGM didn't finish them in time. For a business gun i would probably only run russian mags as they seem to be better quality (debatable). I don't know if you're a member of the Saiga 12 forum, but that site is their bread and butter. They have a Vepr12 section and you can start a thread like "where the hell is my mag" or something. I wouldn't attack too much as i'm sure you'll be portrayed as the dickhead being the "new guy" attacking a site supporter, but those emails would certainly help your case. As you said it's a $32.00 magazine...sure you had to wait because the manufacturer screwed up, but then it became their issue. Assuming wholesale is $15.00...as a business, it would be worth it to me to give you a $15.00 mag so you'd shut up and in hopes that you'd buy another $1,000 gun from me for being so cool.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Have you lodged a complaint with the BBB?

Or, further yet, the Attorney General of their state?

They already have an F rating at BBB

Mississippi Auto Arms Review - AMMUNITION in Oxford , MS - BBB Business Review -

Customer Complaints Summary

9 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 5 closed in last 12 months

Complaint Type Total Closed Complaints Advertising/Sales Issues 0 Billing/Collection Issues 1 Delivery Issues 5 Guarantee/Warranty Issues 0 Problems with Product/Service 3 Total Closed Complaints 9

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    sorry to hear about your issues. I also had to wait for my 10 round mag, and then some others I had ordered with the shotgun. I did finally get them not to long ago.

Unfortunately I've only tried a 12 round SGM mag, and haven't had much luck with it feeding worth a darn. I still need to take it apart and smooth out the insides a bit and lube it to see if it gets better. If not Ill have some mags for sale, and Ill be looking for russian mags.

Top Bottom