• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Thanks guys.
    So the possibility of this affecting all 1911's they listed is a matter of if the part was not fitted correctly? Or in the case of the spring is it to weak?
    I'd think that Tisas either got some bad lots of these specific parts or if per chance they manufactured the parts that were problematic themselves maybe had some tooling issues at the time. Thinking more than likely the former and they got some out of spec parts. Just my 2 cents.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I'd think that Tisas either got some bad lots of these specific parts or if per chance they manufactured the parts that were problematic themselves maybe had some tooling issues at the time. Thinking more than likely the former and they got some out of spec parts. Just my 2 cents.
    My nephew has a gun on that list IIRC.
    We fired it over 500rds when he was here visiting this summer. It didn't seem to have a problem.
    I sent him the information on the recall.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    My nephew has a gun on that list IIRC.
    We fired it over 500rds when he was here visiting this summer. It didn't seem to have a problem.
    I sent him the information on the recall.
    And guessing all of them even in that range won't exhibit the issue, just that they had parts from the lots, etc that they are considering to have the issue. Might only have been a few in that range that will ever see the issue. But in this situation better to be sure.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    And guessing all of them even in that range won't exhibit the issue, just that they had parts from the lots, etc that they are considering to have the issue. Might only have been a few in that range that will ever see the issue. But in this situation better to be sure.
    Probably a tolerance stacking issue that left the sear or hammer hooks just a tad too short to engage.

Nothing wrong with a little unexpected full auto. I have seen it. It is very entertaining.

Names will not be disclosed...

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    Probably a tolerance stacking issue that left the sear or hammer hooks just a tad too short to engage.

Nothing wrong with a little unexpected full auto. I have seen it. It is very entertaining.

Names will not be disclosed...
    It happened to me when I was attending the Small Arms Repairman course at APG. I was tasked with diagnosing the problem in the supplied pistol with 5 rounds into our shooting tunnel. I came back smiling and the civilian instructor asked me the problem? I answered back with: I need a 100 rd bag of ammo to figure it out. The instructors all cracked up when I told them that! Of course they knew who was getting what malf when they handed them out...

Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    With the selling price of these guns, this recall does not suprise me.
    Lower end 1911s always get gutted and the internal parts replaced with quality parts.

Onebad06vtx

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Ellettsville
    With the selling price of these guns, this recall does not suprise me.
    Lower end 1911s always get gutted and the internal parts replaced with quality parts.
    Tisas has good metal quslity parts already in it.
    Only one mim part and thats a recoil spring guide.
    These guns are a really good value for the money.
    Unlike sprinfield thats full of cheap mim parts.
    The recall is something simple like improper heat treating of the sear spring.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Tisas has good metal quslity parts already in it.
    Only one mim part and thats a recoil spring guide.
    These guns are a really good value for the money.
    Unlike sprinfield thats full of cheap mim parts.
    The recall is something simple like improper heat treating of the sear spring.
    I didn't know that about Tisas.
    Thanks for the instruction.

Last edited:

Bassat

I shoot Canon, too!
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 30, 2022
    Osceola, Indiana 46561
    I had the full auto experience with a P14.45 about 30 years ago. Full auto was not the bad part; it was a split-second WTF, followed by the gun blowing up in my hand. IIRC, I got 7 stitches to my support hand, at the base of my thumb. Oh, and a tetanus shot.

Top Bottom