• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    The big day that the Aim surplus M44s I ordered get here. I got my two 91/30s from Aim on Friday, and have stripped one down and cleaned the cosmoline out of it. The one on the left is a 1943 Izzy on the right is a 1941. I was very pleased with the condition of both rifles, and I'm hoping the M44s are as awesome! These things were dripping with cosmoline, so I'm looking forward to a few evenings in the garage breaking em down and cleaning em good. I ordered some headspace gauges from Brownells, so with any luck, and no more major flooding, I'll get to do some shooting on Friday. I even took a half day vacation tomorrow to wait for the UPS dude.:rockwoot:
    05e1932e.jpg

Last edited:

2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    Last time I ordered a 91/30 from AIM it had tons of varnish on it. How are yours?
    Glad to see someone else wants to sporterize one.
    I just completed one this weekend.

picture.php

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Last time I ordered a 91/30 from AIM it had tons of varnish on it. How are yours?
    Glad to see someone else wants to sporterize one.
    I just completed one this weekend.

picture.php
    These appear to have original finish on them, the 41 has a thumb wear mark on the top forward section of the stock, where it has obviously been carried a lot. There were no serious dents or gouges, but in some places the finish is very thin. That pic is awesome!

Top Bottom