• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    Having a hard time finding a category 1 top link that has a 36 inch body. Anybody know where I could find something like that? or any of the local farmers want to take a stab at splicing a shorter one to make a longer one? I would need two of them.

planedriver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 20, 2009
    gone
    You could use 2 pieces of 3/8x18 strap, drill several holes at 2" spacing and then weld cat 1 top link ball joints on each end. the holes give you the adjustment. Or you could
    Try shoup www.shoupparts.com

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    that website sucked..... hardly searchable at all. the strapping idea might be the way I have to go.... once its set there shouldn't be very much adjustment, but not having the flexibility of the threaded ends will make the intended purpose a bit more frustrating and time cosuming... I am using them to attach the 3 point lift arms to the uprights of the ROP which is also apart of the subframe for the front end loader... this will take the 1500 pounds of the backhoe attachment OFF of the 3 point assembly and ONTO the subframe of the tractor.

I will be welding one of the cat 1 ball joints to the ROP upright for the upper attachment and the lift arms already have a hole through them for a standard top link pin. I will be doing this times 2

planedriver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 20, 2009
    gone
    that website sucked..... hardly searchable at all. the strapping idea might be the way I have to go.... once its set there shouldn't be very much adjustment, but not having the flexibility of the threaded ends will make the intended purpose a bit more frustrating and time cosuming... I am using them to attach the 3 point lift arms to the uprights of the ROP which is also apart of the subframe for the front end loader... this will take the 1500 pounds of the backhoe attachment OFF of the 3 point assembly and ONTO the subframe of the tractor.

I will be welding one of the cat 1 ball joints to the ROP upright for the upper attachment and the lift arms already have a hole through them for a standard top link pin. I will be doing this times 2

Be careful... The top link pin is smaller than the lift arm pins. If there is no need for adjustment I would just use 1/2" strap and cut to length.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    Same one I have asked questions about a little over a year ago... I am just now getting around to fixing the hydrolics on the backhoe, and I actually have a very nice barn to store the tractor in and have a bit of organization on our property... I feel like I am making progress and have a decent little place going even though we don't have a house yet.... ill take some pictures and maybe some video tomorrow and give a little rundown for yall if you want me to.... the more I use this thing the more I like every aspect of it besides its weight and lack of 4x4.... its a HOSS, and way easier to use than any of the modern tractors I have been on.... I even have some features I didn't know about when I bought it like independent PTO, that are really proving their value. Say the word and ill put a thread up Monday.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    Be careful... The top link pin is smaller than the lift arm pins. If there is no need for adjustment I would just use 1/2" strap and cut to length.

the "lift arm ends" that I am planning on welding take a 3/4 inch top link pin so it will work... the hole in the lift arms is NOT the main hole for hooking up implements... its the rements of either a stabilizing system, or the extendable lift arms.... someone welded the "extendable" into place permanently though... I put a pats easy change on it and am loving it right now.

Top Bottom