• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • steve666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Indianapolis Eastside
    Just heard the good news. William E. Young, the Marion County traffic judge who would throw the book at you if you pled not guilty to a ticket and lost got suspended w/o pay for 30 days by the Indiana Supreme Court.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    This guy is a gigantic blue-veined ricardo.

I've not had the unfortunate pleasure of going before him for anything.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    Because if you pled not guilty and lost he would hit you with the maximum fine and costs, essentially forcing you to enter a guilty plea and pay about $150 rather than gamble on losing and paying something pushing $750 or more.

Now that never happens. That's why I pled nolo contendre to the last two tickets I got in spite of the the fact that I was not speeding, at all. Looked at the reputation the judges had and decided the risk wasn't worth it. Since I don't get many tickets, in both cases I was eligible for the diversion program, which is a better option as it keeps it off my record.

It was either that, or pay a "get out of the ticket" lawyer $500 to do it. I save that option for if the ticket will mean I lose my license, and since I have a very clean record, that's not likely.

There is no real justice for a lot of these minor things, just state sponsored highway robbery. Justice would mean that I paid the same amount regardless of my plea if found guilty, and my word carried exactly the same weight as the officer's, and any evidence I might offer would actually get considered.

machete

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2010
    Traplantis
    Why did they suspend him?

THIS IS AWESOME NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He's a straight-up corrupt judge,,,thats why.... burden was on you to prove you were innocent...whatever the cops said was true to him...

He was a disaster as a judge...he shoudl get off the bench...PERMANENTLY!!!!!

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Unfortunate that 30 days really wont do much of anything to him.

It might help put a grey mark next to his name if he attempts to run for an elected position. But in this guys mind, he might be content to be a power - tripping richard in an appointed position.

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Unfortunate that 30 days really wont do much of anything to him.

It might help put a grey mark next to his name if he attempts to run for an elected position. But in this guys mind, he might be content to be a power - tripping richard in an appointed position.

^^ This ^^

If you get drug into traffic court in the next 30 days you're still going to be guilty. 31 days from now you'll be in front of a more pissed off judge who has to prove his authority not only to you but the Indiana Supreme Court.

Top Bottom