• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lrs019

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2010
    I am a woman who is an NRA certified RSO and I run a pistol league. I'm also an IHEA certified 4-H rifle instructor. I would like to get more into instructing, particularily women and kids...and think it would be great to start a firearms training school somehow. I've seriously thought about taking a few of the NRA instructor's courses, just for a little more credability. I've been shooting / hunting for 20-somthing years and love the sport. Any suggestions about how to start instructing? Range usage will be a challenge, as my club will not allow a member to benefit (charge fees) from classes held at our club. Thanks for your input!

IndyGunSafety

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    I'm not sure where you are located but we train NRA Instructors in the Indianapolis metro area. We are offering NRA Pistol Instructor on July 30th & 31st. WE hope to offer NRA Chief Range Safety Officer (so you can train RO's) in August.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Check out Project Appleseed.

You could help to host a not for profit rifle marksmanship and heritage program at your range.
    You may even decide that you'd like to join us in instructing and reaching others.
    We get many women and kids on our lines and offer them drastically reduced prices.

One of our mottos is: Learn today; teach tomorrow.

Feel free to PM me with any questions. :)

Top Bottom