• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tnichols00

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    Columbia City
    On Thursday I will be traveling from Fort Wayne to Pittsburg PA.
    My route will be traveling through Ohio, and since my LTCH does not allow me to carry in Ohio I must rely on the Interstate Transportation laws.

Since most of my time in Ohio will be spent doing highways speeds I plan on locking my firearm in the truck and ammunition in center compartment.

The questions I have about travel is:
    1: While traveling is it ok to have my ammunition in the magazine in the magazines are in the cabin and the firearm is in the trunk?
    2: Since my firearm is not loaded and not within reach if I am pulled over do I have to announce I am carrying a firearm? (I know in OH you have to announce if you are carrying)

Once I get to PA I will bring the firearm into the cabin.
    1: It looks like PA is a "Stand your ground state" Is this correct?
    2: It looks like if I am pulled over I do not need to announce I have a firearm but if asked I must supply proper information and proof.
    3: I will be going to the Pitt Zoo, am I allowed to CC there?

Any other laws I should be aware of?

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    On Thursday I will be traveling from Fort Wayne to Pittsburg PA.
    My route will be traveling through Ohio, and since my LTCH does not allow me to carry in Ohio I must rely on the Interstate Transportation laws.

Since most of my time in Ohio will be spent doing highways speeds I plan on locking my firearm in the truck and ammunition in center compartment.

The questions I have about travel is:
    1: While traveling is it ok to have my ammunition in the magazine in the magazines are in the cabin and the firearm is in the trunk? NO - magazines must be empty
    2: Since my firearm is not loaded and not within reach if I am pulled over do I have to announce I am carrying a firearm? (I know in OH you have to announce if you are carrying) NO - you are not "carrying"

inlined.

Can't help with the PA questions.

johnny45

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Well, let's see.....

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.
    -Second Amendment to the Constitution of the united States.

Then there is the Fourteenth Amendment declaring that it prohibits State and Local governments from depriving persons of life, liberty, or property without certain steps being taken to ensure fairness.

You should be GTG!

That said, I am not a lawyer but there are an abundance that can explain why my observations are NA...and a few to argue otherwise.

Purple where you choose.

Tnichols00

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    Columbia City
    As much as I believe the 2nd gives us those rights I don't think getting arrested for me is a good idea.

MC grease thanks I will dig through all of that.

Top Bottom