• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • INGunGuy

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2008
    Jeffersonville, Indiana
    Our family is going to be traveling outside the country this summer. More specifically we will be traveling by cruise ship to Honduras and then flying down to Costa Rica from there, then we will be flying back to Honduras then catching a cruise ship back to the US. Is there a snowball's chance in h3ll that I could carry, maybe not specifically on the cruise ship or flying but in my destinations.

Thanks,

INGunGuy

gohard43

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 16, 2010
    Northside Indy
    Well if your getting there by cruise, then I'm sadly going to say no. On the cruise I took you couldn't even bring your own alcohol on board. Security is TIGHT, very very very tight. They will search your bags and all.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Greetings from Bangladesh. I travel extensively throughout Asia—China, Mongolia, Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia, Thailand, Myanmar, etc. (I live in the Fort). Do yourself a favor. Never take a gun with you to any Asian country—especially Singapore. Nothing but trouble, BIG double dip :poop::poop: kind of trouble. Do yourself a favor—just take your Black Belt and buy a huge knife, machete or samurai sword that you carry around looking like its a just-purchased souvenir. Cops will not even look twice at you and the bad guys will hesitate just enough to give you a chance to smile and walk away with your life, body and dignity intact.:oldwise:

Don't play super hero with the Asians. Their jails tend to have one-way doors and no cell phones.:nopity:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Yep dude, you need a serious security clearance issued by the State Dept, and permission from the host nation to do so.

revance

Expert
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Zionsville
    Take a good solid 6" flashlight.

Get a Surefire C/P series and throw a stainless/titanium bezel ring on it

BezRing-Smooth.jpg

INGunGuy

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2008
    Jeffersonville, Indiana
    I appreciate everyone's input, and as for Costa Rica, I see that only basically citizens can own/carry a firearm. It does say that if one is caught it is a fine and possible deportation. I dont know what kind of a fine they would be talking about, but if it is anything like what happened years ago to a shipmate in Izmir, Turkey then the fine wouldnt be too harsh.

We had 3 drunk sailors that decided it would be a good idea to climb a statue of Ataturk and take a **** on it. Well lets just say that thank God they were arrested because the mob of people who had come from EVERYWHERE wanted BLOOD. But they were fined, it was the equivalent of 300 bucks each. Now here was the kicker, to get them out of jail, the Battle Group Commander, Admiral Daniel Mackie had to go and PERSONALLY pay their fine. They stayed in the brig until we returned to Mayport, FL.

Anyway, I did read that it says to carry a knife, sword, etc, as that is a deterrent to being a crime victim. They said carrying a sword is pretty normal because of the tourists that come and buy them, the police dont even check you out.

So I will see, and yes I do understand DEEEEEEEEEEEEP concealment. Not that I am saying I would break any laws of any countries, or advocate anyone else break any laws, but just reiterating that I understand how DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP concealment works...

Anyone ever been to Costa Rica and stayed in a tree house in a rain forest?

INGunGuy

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    Not even a pocket knife allowed on plane or cruise boat! We stepped off the boat at Honduras and Belize and both were EXTREME scary, like holy ***** scary!

moischmoe

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Noble County, IN
    I appreciate everyone's input, and as for Costa Rica, I see that only basically citizens can own/carry a firearm. It does say that if one is caught it is a fine and possible deportation.

There's a chance to save some money. Buy a one way ticket to Costa Rica, and they will deport you back for free!

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    Just bring a dog. That way there will be a policeman always nearby, waiting for a chance to shoot the dog and the perps will never come around.

Seriously - just bring a cane with a metal knob on one end and like was suggested here, buy a tourist machete. Heck, it's a great excuse to buy another blade. :rockwoot:

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    One more suggestion: Avoid the bar/brothel districts. Hang in the malls instead. Lots of wanna be heroes as security guards around and the BGs tend to avoid them. They know some of those guards really do know their stuff. The BGs know it is not worth the damage done if they find out too late the one they thought was Barney Fife really was Dirty Harry.

INGunGuy

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2008
    Jeffersonville, Indiana
    One more suggestion: Avoid the bar/brothel districts. Hang in the malls instead. Lots of wanna be heroes as security guards around and the BGs tend to avoid them. They know some of those guards really do know their stuff. The BGs know it is not worth the damage done if they find out too late the one they thought was Barney Fife really was Dirty Harry.

Yea my wife and I probably wont be going to any brothels... LOL As for drinking at bars, we dont do a whole lot of drinking, and if we do it will be at the resort we are going to be staying at. Again, I appreciate all the info everyone has given to me.

INGunGuy

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    Other contries legal systems/prisions/rights=Not like ours. In other words they can beat you, throw you in jail and forget to feed you, have your wife/daughter/lady friend come in and "work off" your jail time on multiple visits.

My best advise is when traveling to other questions leave everything at home that the country says is a no no.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Some of the more creative ideas I've heard from mercop:

A stiff pen/pencil/marker
    1012019134.jpg

A stiff comb
    plastic%20comb544.jpg

Flashlight