• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • millfire517

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 14, 2010
    Grant County, IN
    My cousin has problems right now with trespassers. He has a corn feeder set up with a game cam to see what is out on his property and the other week he went out and somebody beat the trail cam bad enough to get the memory card out of it. He had it in a wire type reinforcement container but it didn't help. Last year at this location someone came and stole 2 stands and a trail cam. So he said he's going to buy a strong-box for his next trail cam and set it up at a higher elevation. He has no trespassing signs all over his property and has had them since he has owned it. I think he is about ready to go hunting for a different type animal. Amazingly they didn't take his feeder....yet

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    My cousin has problems right now with trespassers. He has a corn feeder set up with a game cam to see what is out on his property and the other week he went out and somebody beat the trail cam bad enough to get the memory card out of it. He had it in a wire type reinforcement container but it didn't help. Last year at this location someone came and stole 2 stands and a trail cam. So he said he's going to buy a strong-box for his next trail cam and set it up at a higher elevation. He has no trespassing signs all over his property and has had them since he has owned it. I think he is about ready to go hunting for a different type animal. Amazingly they didn't take his feeder....yet
    He should set up 2 trail cams, one video taping the other and get the dirtbags on tape.

Lancem

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    North of Ft Wayne
    and he should call the sheriff out to report the trespass and vandalism/theft that has occurred. Make for a much stronger case against anyone that is then held trespassing at a later time. Since a feeder and trail cams are involved I wonder if this could be considered hunter harassment... much worse for the convicted I believe than trespass..

painmerchant

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 23, 2011
    clarksville
    private-property-if-you-can-read-this-you-are-within-range-500x350.jpg

Pete

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 21, 2011
    I like that sign. I need a few. Just last year, there was a big black truck with prominently dispalayed FOP emblems trespassing on our property. When told to leave, it was private property, & posted, his response was "there looks like there is enough for all of us..." I don't see him ponying up anything for property taxes, insurance, fence maintenance, etc....just coming along for his fair share. The I want it, I'll take it attitude is too prevalent these days.

trigger_happy57

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    indy
    i rent a house from some farmers and they have no tresspassing signs posted everywhere but i always seem to see people back there hunting like its their own. i normally confront them and they say oh well i have permission. and the only problem is there are like 5 landlords all brothers and sisters who inheritted their parents farm and i cant get a straight answer out of either of them. some say nobody is allowed back there and others say just one or two people but cant get a straight answer......frustrating esp since we got broken into a couple months ago. so i normally just go out there and confront them and most of the times they leave. i just dont want random people cruising around back there

454puttna

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 5, 2011
    martinsville
    With about 40 acres butted up to allot of unused land I had this problem for a while after buying my land. I posted allot of signs and my best deterrent was to shoot allot, randomly , large caliber, the word got out. I know safe shots from my home, If I hear someone 20-40 rapid fire rounds say all I need to say. If it was a false alarm, no problem, still fun.

JamesZX1100

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    NE INDY
    A couple years ago, my cousins and I went to place place I have permission to hunt and after about an hour from all of us going our seperate ways, one of my cousins beeped me on the walkie talkie and said he has walked around EVERYWHERE and can't find the stand I was setting him up in. Well, I told him exactly where to go and come to find out.... somebody STOLE MY STAND!!! Then, that same year, I have two other stands, and climbing sticks stolen!! Oh.. and not to mention... someone stole my blind two weeks ago!!! I plan on taking my other 2 stands out Wednesday and just hunt out of my climber and on the ground. I HATE TREESPASSERS!!!

selinoid44

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    northern Indiana
    ^^^Thats a big problem around here. I've been hunting out of a climber for quite a while because of thieves. Not all trespassers are thieves, but it makes you leary of setting stands thats for sure. I've been thinking about getting another ladderstand, but I hate to lose another one too.

DThurston

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Shelby County
    A couple years ago, my cousins and I went to place place I have permission to hunt and after about an hour from all of us going our seperate ways, one of my cousins beeped me on the walkie talkie and said he has walked around EVERYWHERE and can't find the stand I was setting him up in. Well, I told him exactly where to go and come to find out.... somebody STOLE MY STAND!!! Then, that same year, I have two other stands, and climbing sticks stolen!! Oh.. and not to mention... someone stole my blind two weeks ago!!! I plan on taking my other 2 stands out Wednesday and just hunt out of my climber and on the ground. I HATE TREESPASSERS!!!

Wow - and here I thought I would have to actually go buy stands. From this thread, it sounds like it's normal to just go out, somewhere, and take down a stand that you like. :dunno:

Makes me feel better about getting a climber cheap and building a stand on the main property I'll be hunting. Kind of hard to take a wooden platform that's bolted between multiple trees.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    ^^^Thats a big problem around here. I've been hunting out of a climber for quite a while because of thieves. Not all trespassers are thieves, but it makes you leary of setting stands thats for sure. I've been thinking about getting another ladderstand, but I hate to lose another one too.
    I see no difference between a trespasser and a thief.

Top Bottom