• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PhilB

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2010
    Randolph Co.
    A friend of mine asked me to try some TulAmmo primers he got recently. They were $19 a thousand. My friend wanted some feedback on how they worked in revolvers as he was getting 2 FTFs in a hundred thru his auto pistol. I only had time to fire 50 of the hundred shells I loaded but so far the primers fire 100 percent in my GP100. If the other 50 rounds I have loaded work as well, I may buy some for my .357's. Might even try a few in my other handguns too. I've been paying $32 a thousand for the primers I'm using now so $19 is a big savings as long as they work.:D Anybody else have experience with this brand of primers?

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    They are essentially the same as Wolf, which means they are hard. If you dont have problems with light striking in your gun, then you should be fine. I refuse to use them for that reason though. On the plus side, they always went bang on the second pull of the trigger.

PhilB

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2010
    Randolph Co.
    They are essentially the same as Wolf, which means they are hard. If you dont have problems with light striking in your gun, then you should be fine. I refuse to use them for that reason though. On the plus side, they always went bang on the second pull of the trigger.

I did notice that the TulAmmo primers were harder to seat than the others I use. I thought at first it was the brass I was using but when re-priming the fired cases with my regular primers they seated much easier.

Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    Your friend may want to check that he is fully seating the primers. Sometimes when a primer isn't fully seated the first strike will actually push the primer the rest of the way in and then the second strike will fire.

I found it's easier not to notice a high primer on auto loader pistol rounds than on revolvers just because of the gun they shoot in. I also found that I seem to have a few high primers when using primers that take more pressure to seat.

I think people tend to blame "light strikes" and "bad primers" when in fact it's just that the primer wasn't seated fully.

Top Bottom