• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Probably a dumb question (not my first nor last), but what is the best way to make a smooth face on a trigger less smooth (short of taking the gun apart and having checkering or grooves machined into it)?

Or maybe I need to have trigger-finger checkered. :dunno:

Rocket57

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 19, 2010
    In denial
    From the hillbilly school of gunsmithing... use a spring loaded centerpunch and CAREFULLY add a row or two of impressions to the face of the trigger.

I can hear the hecklers already.:rolleyes:

barrelmaker_2002

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 8, 2009
    Rochester, MN
    Grip tape. Or tread tape. Or even stick on sand paper. The third gives you a variety of grit options.

There is also textured spray paint. Or even undercoating or truck bed liner paint would work.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Use sand paper of various grits until you get the texture you want. I'm not sure why you want a rough face on the trigger though, most ppl want to smooth the trigger face. :twocents:

Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    First, I would ask Why? I like smooth triggers more than textured ones, but if you are set on it my next question is what esrice said:
    What gun? What is the trigger made out of?

If it is poly, try to stipple it and then sand it to the texture you want. If it is metal, maybe use a small file to make a crosshatching style texture? I don't know for sure what I would do on a metal trigger.

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    First, I would ask Why? I like smooth triggers more than textured ones

They removed my fingerprints when I went into the witness-protection program, and I can't get any traction on a trigger. :):

No, it just seems like my finger wants to slip from the "end pad" to the "first knuckle" position sometimes, especially if my hands are sweaty and I'm rapid-firing. Maybe I just need to slow down and wipe my finger from time to time.

Top Bottom