• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SHCdvldg

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 10, 2012
    Waukesha
    I've been thinking about picking up a set of these, I've heard theyre awesome and how they're quick on target easy to establish and hold a good sight picture. I know that a set of sights won't make you magically a better shooter, I intend to train with them. I want a really good set of night sights for my defensive handgun (G19). What is everyone's opinion on them compared to meprolight, XS big dots, TruGlo, etc...? Also, on a side note, what is the difference/benefits between the different measuments on the height of the front sight? I think they come in measurements like .185, .200, .240 or something like that. Am I even asking the right question here? thanks guys!

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Never tried them, but the sight picture looks very similar to my Ameriglo I-Dot Pros which I absolutely love.

sw%20201%20new%20u.jpg

Last edited:

ar15

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    They are great! It's all I use any more. Not sure how much night training you do, but with these sights, rest assured that your sight picture will be perfect

Viper1973

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    I have Trijicon sights on both of my Glocks... Had zero issues and they are bright even in low to medium lit environments.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I've been thinking about picking up a set of these, I've heard theyre awesome and how they're quick on target easy to establish and hold a good sight picture. I know that a set of sights won't make you magically a better shooter, I intend to train with them. I want a really good set of night sights for my defensive handgun (G19). What is everyone's opinion on them compared to meprolight, XS big dots, TruGlo, etc...? Also, on a side note, what is the difference/benefits between the different measuments on the height of the front sight? I think they come in measurements like .185, .200, .240 or something like that. Am I even asking the right question here? thanks guys!

My S&W 1911sc bobtail came with Trijicon's installed from the factory. They are great sights.

AJBB87

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 6, 2009
    Here

I had a set of orange HD's on my G21. I loved them! I ordered a set for my G30 but apparently they are hard to come by at the moment.

The yellow/orange front sight w/ black rear makes shooting in the daytime, very easy. At night, you still have Trijicons standard 3 dot green setup that a lot of people are familiar with.

Trijicon makes their sights specifically for your gun model. You don't have to worry about heights, just buy them for the G19. You WILL have to choose the paint color of the front dot (the tritium color is green for all 3).

I went with orange because it has a longer wavelength and is generally more visible from a distance, though they say humans see greens the best. Yellow is closer to green on the color spectrum than orange so....

Good luck deciding :laugh:

You really can't go wrong with them.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    )I went with orange because it has a longer wavelength and is generally more visible from a distance, though they say humans see greens the best. Yellow is closer to green on the color spectrum than orange so...

I shoot a lot of steel and found that light green kind of washes out against the light metallic gray of the targets. This is why I chose the orange ring for my I-Dots and it stands out very well.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Trijicon HD's are bad a-- IMO. But after seeing the post on the Ameriglo I-Dot Pros I had to get on line and order a pair. I have always really like Heine straight eights but as my 51 year old eyes age I notice they appear dim. It looks like the Ameriglo is the ticket as I really like the dot the I concept.

Top Bottom