• ...and so much more!
  • indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    Never in any of the research I have done on Trusts did I find a statement that a background check would NOT be performed on the person writing the check.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    So, I thought we all had a background check, every time we bought a gun .....

So is anything new, actually happening ?????

Can someone break it down, to something we can understand ?????

KUJO2388

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 26, 2015
    Terre Haute
    I just picked up my suppressor today. I used a trust and I still filled out a 4473 and they ran a check on my name. Same as with a weapon.

I have been waiting to see how everything plays out. I think I am going to suck it up and buy an Osprey 45 and submit stamps for 1 SBR and 2 more Form 1 Suppressors.

Who knows of a shop close to Terre Haute that has the Osprey in stock?

MontereyC6

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Greenwood
    I just picked up my suppressor today. I used a trust and I still filled out a 4473 and they ran a check on my name. Same as with a weapon.

I have been waiting to see how everything plays out. I think I am going to suck it up and buy an Osprey 45 and submit stamps for 1 SBR and 2 more Form 1 Suppressors.

When you pick up a Form 4 from a dealer, they have you fill out the 4473 for their records, they aren't required to call it in.

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    When you pick up a Form 4 from a dealer, they have you fill out the 4473 for their records, they aren't required to call it in.

For a trust they are, been that way for over a year now I think. Shows that the person who is picking up the item is indeed a proper person

So, if the dealer doesn't know who they're dealing with, what percentage do you believe ARE NOT called in?

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    So, if the dealer doesn't know who they're dealing with, what percentage do you believe ARE NOT called in?

Probably a very good amount of them. When I picked up a can last year at a dealer in Indy I filled out the 4473 and I was handed my can. I asked them are they sure they don't want to call it in, since I used my trust they needed to, and they said that no form 4s require the 4473 to be called in. I didn't want them getting in trouble during their next audit, but they still didn't call me in.

https://www.guntrustlawyer.com/2014/05/does-a-trust-need-a-nics-check.html

Asked an ATF agent the same question too a while ago and said the same thing. Trusts need to be called in, individuals don't. But you know the consistency in ATF.....

Punkinhead

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2012

I made my own suppressors under a trust. No background checks.

Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I think it means all named in the trust need a background check. If the grantor pays for, and takes possession of, is background checked, crazy uncle Joey on the trust is not and may not be able to pass the BGC on his own.

So, you put yourself and one other on the trust. Get your items, then add them to the trust. Great work government... you solved nothing.

Top Bottom