• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ramiel

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    East side of Indy
    I was hoping someone may be able to help me locate a (possibly) local knife maker.
    In Shelbyville, there is an antique mall/flea market called Nostalgia on 9. I had stopped in a couple of times while making delivery runs in the area and always liked looking at the knives in a certain case. They were made with beautiful handles, and looks to be hand forged blades.
    I stopped in this last Friday and was going in with the goal of finally buying one, only to find out from the store worker that the guy had packed up his booth. I asked if they had any contact info for him to which they said they didn't. I was pretty shocked that a business wouldn't keep records of past and present dealers...anyway, I am lucky that I decided to snap a pic on one of those first visits because it's the only thing I have to go off of now.
    Crossing my fingers that someone can point me in the right direction.

2o5m.jpg

Lammchop93

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 23, 2011
    Floyds Knobs
    Someone at that place would've had to know his name or something. IMO, sounds like something bad happened between the knife guy and the store, and they aren't on good terms anymore. That is a nice looking knife though.

Ramiel

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    East side of Indy
    There were 2 people working at the time. I watched the woman go into a file cabinet behind the register to look up his file only to come up empty.
    The guy I talked to said they weren't sure why he packed up because at least once a week someone was in buying one or more knives.
    It really was baffling that they had zero info on him, not even a first name or a phone number.
    I'm really kicking myself for not buying one sooner.

I don't think I've ever seen his knives at the 1500 either.

inlineman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    You might try a Shelbyville or Shelby county facebook page theres a local firearms page you might try.

Top Bottom